Chapter 9

A few days later, Kace was reading a book on defense against the dark arts, when Moody stormed in with a tiny vial. "What?" Kace snapped angrily. He especially hated Moody, as the man was intolerable and acted like a child.

Moody just kind of stood there, glaring at Kace like he wanted to kill the boy outright, but was restraining himself. Kace warily eyed the vial in Moody's hand, reading the label. He looked at Moody in disbelief.

"You expect me to drink that?" Asked Kace, and moody nodded, still not saying anything. Kace snorted in laughter, "Wow, you're dumber than I thought, and that's setting the bar fairly high."

Moody wrapped his fingers around Kace's neck, slowly suffocating him, "I think it's about time we learn all of daddy's secrets, huh?" Kace felt a flash of panic go through him. If he revealed all his father's secrets, they'd be ruined!

It was then that Kace's rage reached a peak. He willed his skin to become burning hot, a useful spell for situations like this. Moody's grip slowly loosened, until Kace backed him up into a corner, all his height of 6'1 towering over the shorter man.

"You dare threaten the Dark prince? To try and drug the son of the dark lord? You think you are so powerful to try and force Veritaserum into me, an injured teen. How brave. Believe me, I'm terrified."

Moody, whose face had been growing redder and redder, brought his hand out and slapped Kace square across the jaw.

Kace's rage expanded, spilling half of his well concealed magic into the room. His father had never let anyone hurt him like this, and this fool decided to cross the boundary. Moody paled, as he felt the sheer power of this boy, then remembered that he was older and wiser than this boy.

Moody bound Kace, placing him in a chokehold. He opened the vial, preparing to place 5 drops on Kace's tongue. At that moment, Poppy walked in with Kace's daily potions. She nearly dropped them in the scramble to reach her patient. She used her wand, casting a reducto at Moody. Moody flew back out of Kace's reach. Kace, who was suffocating from loss of air, had passed out.

Moody jumped up, yelling at Poppy "How dare you? I was going to get answers out of the little shit!" Poppy glanced at James, Sirius and Lily, who had crowded at the door.

"Can you three please escort Moody out while I tend to my patient?" The adults nodded, walking out of the room.

*--------------------------*

As soon as they were out of earshot, Sirius turned on Moody, "What the hell, Moody? What was that about?"

Moody turned red, "I treated the death eater scum like he was supposed to be treated! I'm sorry James if you think this monster deserves special treatment for being your long-lost son. I won't have a murderer in the headquarters. I have to do what's right!"

The entire order, who had heard his screaming outside the meeting room, had gone to investigate the source of screaming. Sirius had gone silent, glancing at James and Lily. The two parents had not let it sink in that their son had killed people, many of their friends even! James stared off into the distance, looking sad. Lily broke into tears but tried to hide them. Molly Weasley rushed over to help her.

Sirius said softly, "I know that he has done some terrible things, but you can't accuse James and Lily of that. They don't deserve it, and we all miss those he killed." Most of the order began to trickle back into the meeting room, including a sniffling Lily and an angry Moody. After a long silence, Dumbledore spoke up.

"We know these are tough times for all of us. We have to try and get him on our side."

Sirius looked at the man, "But what hope do we have? The ministry will come after him, no doubt."

"Well, Fudge is very desperate to win this war, and wouldn't pass down this opportunity to have such a powerful ally, which is why we must try to get the boy on our side." Dumbledore said

"No thanks to Moody!" Grumbled Sirius.

James looked at Dumbledore curiously, "speaking of which, how did your meeting with fudge go?" Dumbledore smiled

"That is why I called this meeting. Can you please go and get Harry please?"