Chapter 22

James Potter was mad. Harry had left?? He also was hearing rumours spreading around the school that Harry spoke parsel? Unacceptable. The more he thought about it, the more frustrated James got. Who did he think he was? Some kind of god? No, no. My son is good, Potter thought, running a hand through his raven black hair. Mine and Lily's core are light. I have to fix him. It was Malfoy, James knew it. He was corrupting his precious... son?

He had to break them up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As the hours grew longer, Kace became excited. He had always loved attention, and being able to show off, even if it was simple spells only, he was happy to be able to show how incapable the light was.

Curling more into Draco, who wrapped an arm around Kace's waist, both not saying a word. Pansy was sprawled on the floor, speeding through some potions homework.

At around 10:30, there was a loud, angry knock on the door. Kace rolled his eyes. Probably another first-year forgetting the password again. I swear, I'm going to lose my shit- He opened the door to see a James Potter, looking angry and honestly, quite sweaty.

Wrinkling his nose in disgust, A look of annoyance flashed across Kace's face. He contained it quickly, speaking in a calm and cool voice.

"Yes, Potter? Is there a reason that you interrupted me at this hour? I'm trying to spend time with my Boyfriend. Is it urgent?"

James looked enraged.

"Harry, why aren't you in the Gryffindor dorms? It's not allowed. You have to be in your houses-" Kace cut him off, annoyed

"Look here, Idiot. How many fucking times will it take for you to get it through your thick head? I am a Slytherin. I belong in the Slytherin dorms." Kace spoke slowly, still as if to a small child. James' face became slowly redder with every word. He grabbed Kace, pulling him out of the dorms and into the stone corridor.

"Harry, It would be a shame if we tightened your magical bind, now wouldn't it?" Kace snorted. Even with his magic bound, Kace could still take several people and come out victorious, it just wouldn't be as easy as before.

Kace sighed. It was no use. Binds were annoying, and having his magic bound even more was going to tick him off. Turning back into the Slytherin dorms, Kace spoke to Draco in an unfamiliar language. It sounded odd and ancient. Draco nodded, responding and blowing him an obnoxious kiss. Kace snorted, rolling his eyes.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Potter was pleased. He had managed to convince Harry to come to his respective dorm, the Gryffindor dorms. He was wondering what languages his Harry knew.

"Say, Harry," spoke James as they were walking down the hallway to the great hall, "What language was that?"

"None of your business." Kace responded shortly.

Potter sighed, but had an idea to try to get Harry to open up. "Oh. Well, you know, as your f-father," James stuttered. He knew that this child had murdered hundreds, but had to get something out of him. "it's just so hard that we-"'

Kace spoke up, tone sharp and cold.

"You are not my father. Thomas Riddle is my father."

"B-but-?"

Kace stopped, turning on James, who also paused.

"You will never be anyone in my life except the first man I kill during our war. Make that my promise."

James shivered. Surely he was teasing?

Potter started up the many staircases to the dorms. They were always so exhausting, and by the time James was halfway up the steps, he was panting. Glancing over at Kace, James noticed that he wasn't even winded.

"How," James gasped, "Are you not winded?" Kace glanced over, scowling, as if James had disturbed him.

"I do twice this many stairs as exercise, Potter. You ought to give it a shot."

James looked away, slightly offended. He ignored it, as they were at the fat lady's painting.

"Lionheart" James spoke, ignoring Kace's snort. The portrait swung inwards, revealing the common room. It was bustling with life and laughter. As the two stepped through the hole in the wall, the room slowly went silent, everyone noticing the tall boy standing behind James Potter, looking murderous.