Chapter 23

Kace was pissed, to say the least. He wanted to be able to at least hang out with Draco, as that gave him some source of comfort. But no, Pothead had to drag him back to the poorly decorated room that reeked of amortentia.

As Kace walked up the stairs to the dorm, he heard whispers spout with every step he took. James was watching him, shit-brown eyes following his movement.

It's not like I'm gonna apparate away.

Opening the large wooden door, the other boys in the dorm fell silent. Kace glared, still annoyed.

"What."

The others busied themselves with other things, although their thoughts were speaking volumes in Kace's mind.

A knock rang through the now-silent room, and Potter jr stepped through. Kace rolled his eyes, not wanting to deal with the kid.

As soon as Edison saw Kace, he stepped into the room, face brightening.

"Dad told me you would be in here. I'm so glad you're in Gryffindor. It's so much better than those slimy Slytherins."

Kace sighed. This night couldn't get any worse.

"Look, kid. If you do not leave the room in 20 seconds, I will break a lot more than your arm."

Edison looked scared, like he was about to wet himself. He opened his mouth to  speak, when a boy cut in.

"H-hey man," Seamus Dean spoke up, voice cracking slightly. "You can't say that to a kid, especially not James Potter's. He's your brother you know."

Kace stood up, his full height towering over the 4 boys.

"And what will you do? Go crying to Dumbledore?" The boys remained silent. "Yeah. I thought so. You are nothing against me. You are nothing to me. I am not James Potter's son. I am the heir of Voldemort."

The Gryffindors flinched at the name, and Kace snorted in amusement.

"God, can't even take the mention of a name? Pathetic. You are fucked when the war starts."

With that, Kace looked at the clock in the room and strolled out, ignoring the questions about the war, and blocking out their loud thoughts.

Walking down the stairs not 5 minutes later, eyes turned to Kace once again. He walked by them, ignoring the looks entirely.

Strolling out into the corridor, Kace exhaled. This was going to be a long year.

He had so many plans with his father, to travel and help with the war effort. Whatever. He would just train extra hard when he got back home.

Casting a tempus, Kace found himself at 5 to midnight. Making his way to the great hall, Kace saw a light flickering underneath the large doors. Opening them soundlessly, he saw Pansy and Draco, whispering furiously in German. On the other side, Mac stood, speaking with his second, Olivander. A few other students had come to watch the duel.

Walking over to his friends, the room went quiet as more people noticed his presence. Grabbing Draco's wand, Kace strolled over to the middle of the room. Kace's wand was one made in knockturn alley, and was not exactly legal. He had another one from ollivander's, but Kace didn't want to have to look for it. Mac met him halfway, arms crossed.

"So, Riddle. I've heard many rumors of how good you are. All fake, I assume, but you're all bark and no bite huh?"

Kace stayed silent. He was studying his opponent, taking in his weak spots and noticing his flaws. Mac had already made a fatal mistake. Trash talking the opponent. Some might think this is useful, but in reality, it shows what your insecurities are, and shows your fighting style.

"Well? God this is going to be so easy." Mac snarled, and some students snickered. Kace, again, stayed quiet.

"Shall we start?" Slumber spoke, ushering over a Ravenclaw. "McDougal. You start the duel."

The two boys walked away from the other, and assumed their stance. Mac's was good, no doubt, but he left his right hip exposed to Kace's spells. Kace noted that mentally, but he wanted to play with the boy. 

The Ravenclaw started the duel, and Mac immediately shot a beam of red light at Kace, who easily sidestepped, firing a purple light back. There were a few more shots back and forth, the crowd watching on in total awe. The sheer confidence and accuracy of the black-haired boy was mind blowing.  All of his spells were wordless, a difficult feat in the eyes of the students. 

Kace wasn't even paying attention to his opponent, rather thinking about his father, and how much he missed dueling with him. The duel went on for a few more minutes, Mac becoming more and more agitated as he continued to miss the other boy.

Bored now, Kace shot a quick teal spell at Mac's right hip, as he had planned. Mac collapsed, unconscious. The students surrounding Kace stared in silence, then cheered quietly as not to wake the rest of the people in the castle. Kace blinked, not realizing the duel was over. He cracked his knuckles and looked down at the unconscious boy.

Kace smiled, walking over to Pansy and Draco. They exchanged a few words, and left without any more.