Chapter 30

Standing, Kace walked in the direction of the voice. Finding a silver-framed portrait of a man with dark, curly hair, a small goatee, and features so sharp they could cut diamond, slightly aristocratic. Noticing the boy, the man smirked, looking over at Kace.

"Ah, you've found me," teased the man, who Kace could only assume was Salazar Slytherin himself.

"You weren't exactly hiding, were you now, Grandfather?" retorted Kace, who was smirking.

The portrait shrugged, still smiling lightly.

"Touché. Although, I beg, Don't call me grandfather. It makes me feel so much older than I am, why I am a measly 600! Barely past the threshold of life."

Kace scoffed, smiling at the man in the painting. "I would beg to differ." The boy smirked, laughing slightly at the offended look on Salazar's face.

"Anyway," Hissed the man good-naturedly, a smile on his face. "I believe you've found my secret chamber, where only the best of my descendants can enter."

Kace looked around, as if just realizing he was there. Chuckling lightly, he looked back at his ancestor, amusement dancing across his face. 

"Me? In your lair? I would've never assumed!" The boy said cheekily, smirking still. Salazar laughed, a deep cold chuckle.

"Ah, I am glad you are my heir. You are so much like your father."

Kace smiled, a genuine smile. "What did he do here? I've heard a few stories, but what was he like as a teenager?" Inquired the boy, looking at the man. 

Salazar smiled wistfully, as if recalling on happier memories. "Ah, he was a genius. The perfect heir; Cunning, witty, intelligent, and extremely powerful. Once, he came running down the stairs, begging me for help to ask out a girl. The name escapes me now, but she was a pureblood, second in their year next to your father. I always wondered what happened to her." 

Kace smiled, knowing who the girl was. "Was her name Bellatrix? Lestrange?" He asked, and Salazar's face lit up in recognition, nodding.

"Why, yes. Do you know what became of her?"

Kace nodded this time, a proud smile on his face. "Yes. She married my father, becoming his right-hand man. She also invented several new ways of torture and is currently working with myself and my right hand men to create a potion that creates full invisibility."

Smirking slightly, Salazar nodded in approval. "I always knew she would achieve great things, much like you. From what I've seen and heard from the rest of the paintings in this glorious school, you are making the most noble house of Slytherin proud."

"Thank you, Lord Slytherin." Responded Kace, who only now remembered his pureblood manners. The older man wrinkled his nose, waving his hand, dismissing the notion.

"Do call me Salazar." Kace nodded, and the man spoke again. "Now that we're on terms, I must ask, why did you blow up that statue of me? Quite rude, I'm hurt." Salazar teased, and Kace looked down, smiling.

"Ah, just some filthy blood traitors and mudbloods making my life harder. This 'glorious school' of yours has, unfortunately gone to shit. Albus Dumbledore is nothing but a fraud and an idiot. My core alone is at least three times the size of his, so this upcoming war should be easy." Kace said, now remembering the Potters, to which he sneered.

"Ah. Godric was always to soft on those fucking mudbloods. I am aware of the situation that Albus has put my school in" Muttered Slytherin, looking angry. "I cannot do anything, seeing as I have been reduced to a painting. But, when you win with your father, I beg of you to find a teacher that can properly teach children the gift of magic. Also, I shouldn't pry, but what do you plan on doing to those filthy mudbloods?"

Kace smirked, knowing this was a test of sorts.

"Why, I am going to destroy them from the inside out, and kill them slowly and painfully. It will finally be the end of the light, and the beginning of the second golden age."

Salazar's lips quirked, satisfied with that answer. He nodded, approving of his heir, and opened his mouth to speak after a short pause.

"Mr Riddle, there is a certain blonde upstairs who wants to see you."

Kace nodded, smiling. Draco was protective, and knew that Kace could disappear from time to time, but if he didn't show up in his classes, Draco would wonder where he was.

"You must introduce me to the man that has stolen your heart sometime." Slytherin remarked, seeing Kace pink slightly in the cheeks. Kace smirked, not giving an answer, but striding out of the library in search of his boyfriend. 

Jesus. Thanks for all the reads and stuff 

Don't forget to vote!

xx

Jinx