Chapter 39

Once Pansy left, Kace turned to his boyfriend, Kace wrapping his arms around the other's neck, kissing him deeply. Pulling away after a few seconds, Draco rested his forehead against Kace's, inhaling his scent.

"I want to go home." Kace said, voice reduced to a small whine. Draco's arms tightened around Kace's waist, pulling him closer. Leaning in again, Draco whispered against Kace's lips.

"I know. We'll be home in no time, torturing mudbloods and winning this war."

Riddle smiled, nodding.

—---------------

Kace made his way back to the great hall, when an elderly voice behind him spoke, causing Kace to turn quickly.

"Harry, my boy." Dumbledore spoke, smiling, although his eyes portrayed a general disliking. "Could I speak with you for a minute?"

Kace glowered. He was already having a bad enough morning, and now he had to speak to a mothball stinking old man. He knew it was a rhetorical question. Dumbles wouldn't give him no as an answer.

"Fine."

Dumbledore ushered him into an empty classroom, and sat down at the teacher's desk. motioned for a chair in front of him.

Kace remained standing.

"Lemon drop?" asked the old man, and Kace wrinkled his nose. No doubt there was pints of potions inside them, even with Dumbledore putting up a 'grandfatherly' act. 

Dumbledore tented his fingers, looking up at the boy stood in front of him.

"Harry, me and the order have made a decision. Seeing as you will be out of castle bounds for 12 days, we have seen fit that we need to tighten your magical bind. James and Lily are wonderful wizards but we need to keep you safe from Voldemort."

Kace bit back a snarl.  This man was testing his patience and getting on every last nerve. The minimal amount of magic that Kace could do already was painfully small, but now even worse? Not only that, but insulting him and his father. To keep himself calm, Kace imagined all of the interesting and colorful ways he could murder the man in front of him.

"Now, if you will-"

"You are a pathetic excuse for a wizard" Spat Kace, anger bubbling. "You rely on other people to do your bidding, when in reality, you are nothing but a fraud. I cannot emphasize this enough when I say that I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know how pitiful your powers actually are. I know how you defeating of Grindelwald was all smoke and mirrors. I know the amount of sheer power I have makes yours look infantile. You are sad, not only that, but you are scared."

Dumbledore's face hardened, and he said nothing. Kace could see the hint of fear in his eyes, and smirked. He had planted the seed of doubt in his mind. 

Before he could think, Kace felt as if the already-tight belt on his chest got tighter, and he lost his breath for a second. Leaning on a desk so he didn't fall over, Kace reined in his magic that was threatening to disperse around the small room.

Panting slightly, Kace gave a death glare to the old man, who stood, looking triumphant. The sparkle in his eyes had faded, replaced with a malicious sheen, blue eyes watering down. 

Kace spat in his face, turning and walking out of the room. 

"You will rue the day you ever messed with me, Albus."