Chapter 48

As they entered the dining room, everyone looked up. "Ah, Finally!" Lily exclaimed, motioning for the two to sit. Kace sat next to one of the Weasley twins and James. Ginny, on the other hand, went to sit between her mother and Lily.

The female leprechaun sat, her mother leaned over and whispered to her, smirking mischievously. The girl blushed a deep red, and Kace raised an eyebrow.

As the rest of the group made easy conversation, Kace observed, not saying a word. The older Potter spawn chatted with almost everyone, almost as if it pained him to keep his mouth shut.

As the day progressed, Kace noticed more and more about the two families. He noticed that Ronald was always sneaking glances at all of the expensive things in the house, a jealous look on his face. The two twins seemed to be the 'black sheep' of the family, always getting mixed up and confused by their own parents. Every time they were confused, they laughed it off, but Kace could see the annoyance in their faces and body language. James was almost always by Lily's side, as if it hurt him to be apart from her.

Kace was unfortunately forced to stay and 'mingle' with the rest of the group, much to his great dismay. As Ronald, Edison, and most of the Horrid clan went outside to play quidditch, Kace sat alone, enjoying the final silence as he read a book about the physics of the Cruitiatus curse, found in the library and transfigured to look like a normal muggle physics book. Hearing faint footsteps coming up to him, Kace spoke in a low voice, loud enough for whoever was trying to sneak up on him.

"If you plan to sneak up on the Son of Voldemort, maybe think again before stomping around."

The footsteps stopped, and Kace sighed in annoyance. Before he could say anything more, the twins jumped on either side of Kace, grinning widely.

"Why," George started, ignoring the look of hatred on Kace's face. Fred continued "We simply wanted to know your thoughts on Ginny, dearest brother-in-law to be! Forge and I here-"

They were silenced by the book slamming shut from Kace. He stood, turning on the two twins, whose smiles were now gone.

"I will never marry her. She is nothing but scum under my feet, same with you." The two gingers looked like they were going to retort, but he cut them off. "I notice things others don't. I see your annoyance from your family. You two constantly get undermined, seen as one another by your own flesh and blood. I know how you work. You are only seen as troublemakers, not as individuals. What if," Kace smirked, an evil look in his crimson eyes. "What if your family found out that your cores aren't as light as they would think. Why, they would be horrified! Two children of the light, cores as dark as-"

"No!" George cut him off, face significantly paler than it had been a few minutes earlier. Fred nodded violently, standing up with his twin.

"Y-you can't say anything. Our parents would be horrified." Fred begged, watching Kace's face contort into a malicious grin. The raven haired boy clicked his tongue disapprovingly, shaking his head.

"My, my. What secrets one family holds. How scandalous would it be if they got out? I sure would hope not."

Leaving the two gingers pale in comparison to what they were before, Kace strolled back into his room