Chapter 18

Edison had led Kace into an empty classroom. He was still looking serious, and when Kace looked in the boy's eyes, and saw a hint of anger in his eyes. Kace didn't care, but it was funny all the same.

"What." Kace said

"You can't go around calling people those disgusting names like you did yesterday. You for sure can't hurt people like you did Ron. You can't treat people like that. It's not right." Edison said angrily. Kace snorted, then laughed. Edison looked at him, perplexed.

"What?" the smaller boy said

"You think that just because you're telling me this, that I'm going to listen? I could have Merlin himself come up to me and tell me this, and I still couldn't give half a shit." Kace laughed again.

Edison gasped a little at Kace's swearing but took a deep breath to calm himself down. "Look, I've told my friends to keep quiet since yesterday, but if you hurt them again, then I will show you what I can do."

Kace burst out laughing. "Look, kid. I have harmed and killed more people than you will ever know. Do you know how many people it took to capture me? Ten. I would've killed them all if it weren't for your mutt of a godfather, black. If you think you can take me, just remember that the only reason I'm here right now is because I would be in Azkaban if Dumbledore hadn't interfered like always. If I step any toe out of line, then I will get the kiss. You cannot best me in any duel of any kind. The only emotion you should feel around me is fear. Now if you'll excuse me, I must be leaving." Before Kace could go anywhere, James burst in, looking panicked. Edison looked up.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

"O-oh nothing, Ed. I just thought that-" Kace smirked

"What? Did you think that he was in some sort of danger, Potty?" James glared at Kace turning on him

"You were trying to hurt Edison!" Kace blinked innocently at the man, emotionless mask up.

"Now, why would you think that? Anyway, I'm off." Kace strolled out of the room, leaving no room for argument. As soon as he was gone, Edison whirled at his father, scowling on his young face.

"What was that for? I was just talking to him!" James looked angry

"Edison, we've told you. Harry-Kace-Whatever, he is a bad person. He is very dangerous, and we told you not to talk to him. I heard that Ron got a broken arm yesterday. I suspect he didn't fall down the stairs. Look, Harry can hurt you and he won't regret it. Even after that, you find him and start chatting? Why?"

Edison looked down. He didn't know what to say, so he just mumbled incoherently to the floor. James ruffled Edison's hair, now walking out to the hall.