32

The past couple of weeks have been hectic. I finally finished building to help low-income families. Along with that Kim is being hella suspicious. She was too nice to me and sorry for me at the same time. I haven't been in public ever since the tape was out. Aiden handled it and got it removed. We haven't been seeing eye to eye because I still believe Kim has something to do with all of it but Aiden doesn't believe it so I just let it go so it won't cause an argument. It came to a point where I'm starting to believe I'm crazy.

We are getting ready for the ball. I wore a red long-sleeve dress that hugged my body in the right places. It has a slit that goes up to my mid-thigh. I decided to wear my clear with a red tint and diamond-encrusted butterfly heels Aiden gave me. I wore silver jewelry. I kept my makeup simply because I didn't feel like going. Aiden is wearing a red suit with a silver pocket square that has a silver butterfly on it.

We went in a limo picking up everyone so we could go together. I am nervous when we get to the venue. My anxiety starts to kick in. Aiden squeezes my hand.

Aiden
"We are only here to donate and get the award after that we can leave."

Rose
"Ok."

The limo came to a stop and we all got out taking a couple of pictures on the red carpet then went inside. I ignored all of the questions being asked and put on a fake smile. We went in a motion of a circle introducing ourselves and mingling with Aiden's business associates. I excuse myself for letting  Aiden chat with a business partner.

I went to the bathroom to do my business when I heard the door slam. I see they check the stalls to see anyone in here but they miss mine. I decided to look through the crack to see who it was and it was Jasmine and Kim. I pull out my phone and text Isabelle that I'm in the bathroom to make sure no one comes in and record the conversation.

Kim
"Did you send him the video?"

Jasmine
"Yeah, why?"

Kim
"I told you not to!"

Jasmine
"It was business, nothing personal."

Kim
"What happened to loyalty?"

Jasmine
"That went out the window when you broke our deal."

Kim
"I can't make Aiden fall in love with you."

Jasmine
"And I won't stop him from hating you when he realizes you were created by this mess." Jasmine noticed I was in the stall so she went on. "You know what Kim, you are more pathetic than me. You stole money from your family and the moment they asked you about it you lied."

Kim
"You know I don't have a choice."  

Jasmine
"Everyone has a choice, you just choose wrong. Now your son and his fiancé's sex tape are on the internet. You had Andre move, me and your secret to keeping our mouth shut. Just because of you, her rape video would be exposed because you pay to keep your secret a secret."

She was walking away and then turned around. "You have two minutes to send him the money." Then she left. Kim let out a few tears before she cleaned herself up and left. I end the recording. I come out of the stall and all the girls gather around me.

Rose
"Listen to me, we have less than two minutes. Someone is going to expose my rape video and we have to stop it."

We ran out of the bathroom not having time for a plan. Beth ran to Malik to catch him up to speed, Isabelle ran on stage talking to the host, Marie ran to the back, and Britney ran to Jasmine. Everyone was looking at us stupidly. I ran to Aiden pulling him away from whoever he was talking to.

Aiden
"Rose that was ru..."

Rose
"We don't have time Aiden. Someone is going to expose my sex tape of me being raped."

Aiden
"You're being paranoid."

Rose
"Jasmine said..."

Aiden
"And you would listen to her."

Rose
"Would you just listen to me for once?!" Isabelle ran into me bumping me into Aiden.

Isabelle
"I tried to convince him to not turn on the projector but it didn't work."

That's when the host was getting everyone's attention and introduced himself. Two seconds later the projector turned on. You see me laying down in a hotel bed with Andre on top me and his friends laugh while they record the whole thing. My body froze and I couldn't move. Jordan put his suit jacket over my head and guided me out the door. I went in the limo closing the door on him. The limo drove me to the house. I open the door just to grab another set of keys.

I drove to the graveyard. I turn my phone off and put it in my purse in the passenger seat along with my jewelry. I walk to Ashanti's headstone leaving the heels Aiden bought me.  I haven't been here in a while. The tear was coming out of my eyes. I started to imagine things like Ashanti telling me to follow the river. I cut my foot on a rock but it didn't stop me.

I went in the water just to feel her touch. When I got close enough the tide pulled me in. I tried to pull myself up but my dress got stuck in between the rocks. I pull on the dress and it doesn't budge. I was swimming to the rock to push it and nothing, so I started to panic. I feel the water entering my lungs.

That's when I saw Ashanti giving me her hand. I grab it and feel lighter and out of the water. When we reach the land I touch her arms, hands, and face and I can actually feel her. We both start to cry. I bring her into a hug and my cries deepen. We sat there for maybe 5 minutes. We wipe each other tears away.

Rose
"I can't believe I'm actually seeing you and I can feel you."

Ashanti
"It's all in your head."

Rose
"Fr!" I start blinking to see if I will wake up.

Ashanti
"I'm just fucking with you. It's good to see some things haven't changed." 

Rose
"I miss you so much."

Ashanti
"I know. You've gotten more annoying." I just roll my eyes, she giggles thinking that it's funny. "You still have an attitude. I wonder how people put up with you."

Rose
"They just deal with it and besides they love me."

Ashanti
"Which is why I'm here to make sure you don't make the same mistake I did."

Rose
"Meaning?"

Ashanti
"You have so much to live for. You have to live for both of us."

Rose
"I'm dead?!"

Ashanti
"Not yet."

Rose
"Yet!"

That's when we hear people calling my name. I see Isabelle running towards the river with her shoes in her hand. Isabelle let out a scream running into the river and trying to get me out of the water. Jordan ran in with no hesitation getting me from Isabelle. When they realized I was stuck Isabelle took her knife from her bra swam towards the rock and cut the dress. Jordan was checking my pressure point and had a breath of relief.

Jordan
"I feel her heartbeat but it's faint."  Jordan starts doing chest compression while Isabelle calls the hospital for an ambulance. I feel their stress from here. I try to tell Isabelle that I'm ok but then I remember she can't hear or touch me.  When she got off the phone she pushed Jordan out of the way.

Isabelle
"Come on. You can't leave me too." Jordan calls Marie.

Jordan
"We found her, meet us at the hospital."

That's when we hear the ambulance come to the scene moving Isabelle out of the way.  They put me on a gurney with an oxygen mask moving me into the ambulance. I follow them inside sitting next to Isabelle holding her hand. I couldn't help but cry seeing her like this.