30

It's a week before Christmas and I just finished wrapping today's segment. I went straight home to see Aiden's mother waiting in the living room. She was texting away on her phone and me being the nosy person I am she was texting an unsaved number that she was here to make up with me. No, where my mom drags me into the kitchen with her hand over my mouth. She turns me to face her.

Tita
"I have a strange feeling about her." She whispers

Rose
"Me too. She didn't cause a problem?"

Tita
"No. Rose, I had a dream about you and Aiden." That's when I sat down. Whenever my mom has a dream it's either someone is going to die or she's predicting the future.

Rose
"What was it about?"

Tita
"You were in the hospital. You didn't want Aiden there, it's like something bad happened in the relationship. The both of you look a hot mess."

Rose
"What do you think would cause me and Aiden to break up?" She took both of my hands and tilted her head to the living room.

Tita
"It's no coincidence the moment I woke up from my dream she was here in the living room. But the thing is usually I can dream about the end of a situation but I can't finish it."

Rose
"How long have you had this dream?"

Tita
"Two days."

Rose
"Thank you ma."

My mom squeezes my hand before she lets it go. I went into the living room and stood in front of her getting her attention.

Rose
"Aiden will be here shortly, would you...."

Kim
"I came to see you."

Rose
"Why?"

Kim
"We both got off the wrong foot and I personally want to apologize for how I have been acting. I know I made it hard for you but you just show me that you are stronger than I thought and you make my son happy, so if he's happy so am I." She reached into her purse to pull out a jewelry box. "I hope you can forgive me and start over."

Rose
"I forgive you but I don't trust you, as for your gift it won't be necessary, just the fact you apologize is enough for me."

She pulls me into a hug unexpectedly. My body just froze because I didn't know what to do. Aiden walked through the door and saw my mom hug me he gave me a confused look and I whispered later. She let me go and went about her business but before she left she kissed her son goodbye and held his hand for a while. Aiden closes the door and we both don't know what to say.

Rose
"Is your mom dying?"

Aiden
"I don't know but I'm going to talk to her later." He pulls me into a kiss and asks me about my day. We walk upstairs to the room and when we get there I close the door telling him about my mom's dream.
He chuckles.

HE REALLY CHUCKLES.

Rose
"Aiden it's not funny. I'm being so serious."

Aiden
"Croue there is no breaking up. We together for life."

Rose
"Aiden let me explain something to you. When a Caribbean person tells you they had a dream it's more like a fortune."

Aiden
"Why would you be in a hospital?"

Rose
"I don't know and the fact she can't finish the dream is scaring me." Aiden holds me in his arms so I can calm down.