Chapter 16: The Real Traitor

Haechan's Pov

(Baek Clan's Residence)

What? Did you really kill the late crown prince Lee Deom?- i asked. I was shock when abeoji confess it to me. I can't believe that he would kill someone just to pursued his dreams for me. Oh, are you shock? Isn't it obvious before, that i've changed?- he asked. Abeoji, why?- i asked. Because i want you to be the crown prince. That's our biggest dream for you, chan-a. Do whatever it takes even though you have to kill someone. Are you willing to do that for the secure of your sake?- he asked. I will kill him. I'll be the new king- i said. That's good. And about to that girl, i've settled it already- he answered that makes me shock. Yeah?- i asked. I threathened her, if she didn't agree for marrying you. I will kill her parents and also the crown prince that she loves the most- he said. Did you really threathened her?- i asked. Of course! And if she refuse again, prepare yourself. Because i will kill her no matter what- he said. Don't ever do that to her abeoji. I won't let you do that- i said. Why? She's just a distraction to you, what needed to be done? Is to done it perfectly- he said. Don't abeoji. I can't lose her- i said. That's why you have to choose between becoming the king by killing his highness or becoming unhappy lowly guy after losing her?- he asked me. Is he serious?. Abeoji, if you hurt her. You and I will have a fight- i said. Don't protect her, chan-a. She's not worth enough to protect. Just let her be killed by me- he said. Abeoji!- i shouted. Lower your voice!- he shouted too. He keeps saying it as if i won't get hurt. If you hurt her, i will have no choice but to kill you- i said. I don't think you can, i'm still your father- he said. I don't care, if killing you is the thing that i will suffer the most. All i want is to save her from you, i wouldn't have told you about it.- i said. You are just like him. In the end you will betray me even though you are my real son- he said. I'm just like him?. What?- i asked. Did you know Hwang Siwan?- he asked me. Who is it?. He and I are close to each other, but when he enterred the palace and become his majesty's body guard. We lost connection and we haven't talked for a while- he said. Hwang Siwan? Isn't Sun's father? The one, jihan's mentioned to me before.

(Flashback)

(2 weeks ago)

(Hanwan Market)

Jung Jihan, do you like someone else?- i asked. She just stared at me. I'm asking you, answer me- i said. No, i don't have- she said. Why are you stalling? Are you trying to make me fool?- i asked. No, my lord. I really don't have a lover- she answered. I see, but that Hwang Sun. I heard you already meet him, why does he had no one in his life?- i asked. I don't know much about him but i can say that he had no one in his life because his father died a long time ago for protecting his majesty- she answered. She's lying to me. I know that they are close. What his father's name?- i asked. Base of what i'd research. It must be Hwang Siwan, former bodyguard of his majesty- she answered. Hwang Siwan?. Wow, his father become his majesty bodyguard then now he's serving for his highness. They are just the same. Their fate is similar.

(Flashback Ends)

He saved his majesty 16 year's ago. There's a war before between the royal clan and the Shin clan. The reason why his majesty couldn't asleep well all these years because he's still remembers what happen to his bodyguard- he answered. Are you also included to that war?- i asked. I just wanted to know. Even though i was a bad person, i can feel worryness. What if i am, what will you do?- he asked me. He's really insane. That's why i become like this it's because of him. I've got this attitude from him. Chan-a, don't try to fight with me. You know you can't beat your father.- he said. I won't beat you- i said. Really?- he asked. Instead i will follow your orders- i said. I just said that to protect the people i love. At the middle of the night, we'll do our plan to his majesty. We'll kill them all- he said. Yeah, abeoji- i answered. So make sure, inseong is there and ha jun. My soldiers are ready to fight so lead them as a king- he said. Yeah, abeoji- i answered. Tonight, the king and his son will die in our swords- he said. He's really gone insane.