Chapter 30

TW violence, firearms, medical talk,
Please let me know if I missed any

Phil

"Phil!" Wilbur shouted.

"What?"

"Hurry up! Tommy will be here any minute!" He said.

It was weird seeing him with a blind fold but no other hero gear, but that was who he was here.

Another thing I will never understand is why he still lives in District 10, doesn't he dislike the commute?

Or why he doesn't tell Niki he is a hero, isn't she his best friend?

I rolled my eyes, I don't wear a mask, and Techno had just showed up one day without his boar skull mask, and Tommy just went with it.

We still call ourselves Sparrow, Atlas, and Jubilee, but that goes for when anyone is around.

"I don't think Tommy will care that much if you didn't wear a blindfold."

"I'm still wearing it." Wil informed me, before phasing through the stairwell to meet Tommy.

Tommy was a really cheerful boy, with a personality that didn't match where he lived.

No one I've ever met was from District 16, but it was the poorest district, and I've heard a lot of people who lived there are very grumpy most of the time.

"Hey Tommy!"

"Hey Sparrow." Tommy said, slightly cautiously. "How was patrol last night?" He asked Wilbur.

Wil frowned at me, "Sparrow caught Icarus by tackling him mid air, probably damaging his wings."

I shifted uncomfortably, when I tackled Icarus something felt off. Any other avian would've began flapping frantically to get away.

But Icarus instantly snapped his wings to his sides, as if I was going to tear them off if I could.

And while I held him, for a moment he looked like a small hatchling, flying for the first time.

○●○●○

Techno and I shot up when we hear a gunshot.

We looked at eachother for a moment, as if to confirm what we heard was real, before racing down the hallway.

If it was Wilbur, it would be fine.

If it was Tommy, we may have a dead employee.

We stopped dead in our tracks when we saw the scene.

Wilbur, looking at Tommy, who was being held at gun point, and two people who had Firearms.

"You may not be able to be hurt, but this little boy certainly can." The person who held Tommy drawled.

Tommy scoffed, "I'm 17, not 10."

"I can't possibly care enough." The man said tiredly.

I could hear the lilt in Tommy's voice when he replied, "Oh, but you should, because there are several things 17 year old me can do that 10 year old me can't."

The man laughed, and Tommy, to my, and Techno's disbelief, stomped on the grip panel of the discarded firearm, flipping it onto his foot, and kicking it up to his hand.

"You see," he said, turning the gun over like it was a toy, "there is a safety lock on a lot of firearms to keep them from being accidentally fired."

"Your's happens to have the safety lock on, but mine." I heard the unmistakeable sound of the ammunition cylinder being spun, "does not."