Chapter 19

TW mentioned hostage, violence, injuries, (something at the end)
Please let me know if I missed any

Tommy

Tonight we got tipped on a hostage situation in District 14.

Even though it is considered Joker and Slime's district, other vigilantes can be called to deal with their "specialty" as you'd call it.

The entire idea of being a vigilante is that you stop crime, but some are better at certain things than others.

For instance, Moon and Grim are good spies since they both have Umbrakinesis.

Motpho is a good scout since she has wings.

Ranboo and I are good at hand to hand, and finishing the job, because of what we were.

Tubbo is the vigilante tech person.

Joker's ability causes too much collateral damage to be used on simple things, and a hostage situation is one of them.

Ranboo's shoulder wasn't fully healed, so on Tubbo's word, he will not be fighting unless in dire circumstances.

They said it was going to be a big thing. But the tip was anonymous.

Tubbo had connected all of us, so we could all hear each other, and we got ready.

I grabbed my brother's hand, and we were whisked away, we reappeared on top of a tall building.

Joker and Slime were already waiting.

Joker had wings like me, except they were smaller, and golden, like my chain.

His wings were "clipped", and he can't fly either.

"About time you two." He said in mock annoyance. He stood up, and pointed to his left.

"Stupidly tall building over there."

It was, in fact, a stupidly tall building.

"Alright, Ves, have you gotten into the system?"

No, I think they disabled the security cameras, as in destroyed them.

Guess we'll do it old school. Astro signed.

"Yep, guess so. Okay, Joker, you will stay for backup, if things get too rough." I said, turning towards the building. "Slime, if things do go into collateral damage, your job is to keep people out of range. Astro and I can do the rest."

My brother nodded beside me, and put out his hands. I grabbed one, and Slime and Joker took the other.

We all blinked out of existence, and were teleported to the roof.

"Ok, this is a 60 floor building, I think we should search it floor by floor, I'll start on floor 30, and work my way down, Icarus, you start on floor 31, and work your way up."

He looked down to the street. "Slime will be at the bottom, and Astro will be on the top." With that, Joker glided down, with Slime quick to follow.

"So, are there stairs off of this roof?" I asked, looking around.

Ranboo looked around, before shaking his head, and presenting a rope.

"Oh no no no no no, we are not going to do that." I said, crossing my arms.

Only way, there isn't anything to grab. He signed.

I sighed, and wrestled on the makeshift harness attached to the rope.

Ranboo found a small, but sturdy metal pipe stuck in the concrete, and wound the rope around it.

He grabbed the rope, and I walked to the edge. Turning around, I walked backwards, until my feet were on the wall.