Chapter 6

TW mentions death,
Please let me know if I missed any

Techno

"Hey Wil!" I said, leaning against the doorway.

"Hey Techno."

"Why are you moping?"

"I'm supposed to overturn a Vigilante duo, but I can't!"

"Why not?" I asked, sitting in the office.

"Several reasons."

I gestured for him to continue.

"1. I know next to nothing about them because someone wipes all the camera footage of them. 2. Astro can easily get away using his abilities, and we would have to bind Icarus' wings. 3. I don't want to."

"Wait a moment, back up. Icarus and Astro? How did you find out their names?" I asked throughly confused.

"I asked Astro and he signed it in a hurry." He said, swinging his legs. "And I chased Icarus until he told me his."

"And you didn't think to catch either of them?" I deadpanned.

"Nope! I didn't have binds or anything to keep Astro from getting away."

I sighed, "Anyway, Phil said the higher-ups want you to have a civilian identity in District 16."

"Is that all you came here to tell me?"

"Yes Wil, I walked from one side of the building, to the other, just to tell you the higher-ups wanted something." I deadpanned, "that's what Phil does. No, I was also going to ask if you wanted to get lunch together. Phil gave me the message."

"Sure, where should we go."

"Somewhere that isn't in District 1." I said, thinking of how much attention we would attract if we went anywhere in District 1.

"Actually, I have the perfect place." Wil said walking out the door. "Come on!" He said, phrasing through the floor.

I sighed, taking the elevator.

Once we were at ground level, we waved to the receptionist and left the building.

We got into my car and Wilbur began driving to hell knows where. Wilbur likes being cryptic, and most the time I'm not there for it.

"So, where are we going?"

"You'll see!"

"Is it outside of District 5?"

"Yeah."

"It's in district 10, isn't it." I deadpanned

Wilbur sighed, "Techno, stop guessing everything."

"But is it?"

"Yeah, it is."

◇◇◇

Honestly, why didn't I guess? Niki is Wilbur's best friend from District 10. The thing is, she doesn't know he is a hero.

"Will! Techno! I'll be over in a second, Tubbo, could you put them over at table 5?"

A brunette boy emerged from the back and picked up two pieces of paper, and a notepad. He walked us over to a booth by the window, and set down the paper, which turned out to be menus.

"Niki should be here in a second, can I get you guys anything to drink?"

"Can I have a mocha with 6 shots of espresso?"

The brunette, I think his name was Tubbo, quirked an eyebrow before writing it down and muttering, "Tommy will have fun with that."

"Suprise me, nothing too sweet, no extra espresso." Most the time they will make their favorite drink, which is interesting.

"Ok, any allergies?" Tubbo asked. I shook my head. He nodded going back to what I'm guessing is the kitchen.

Niki came over, and began chatting with us.

"I haven't see you two in so long!"

After a few minutes of mindless chatter, a blond boy came over with a tray.

"Who ordered a trip to the underworld?"

Wil waved, "That would be me."

The blond looked at him. "Why?"

Wil shrugged and was handed his death drink.

Then he turned to me, "Do you want to know what your drink is?"

I shook my head, "Ruins the surprise."

He wordlessly handed me the drink. It was purple. "Thank you-" I looked at his name tag.

"Tommy." He filled in.

I took a sip before asking what it was.

Tommy chuckled, "Lavender cinnamon swirl latte, two pumps of vanilla, and some peppermint."

"It's really good."

_______________________________________

This chapter was not tailored to the news! It's ironic, the one day I write fluff, we get devastating news.

If you don't know already, Techno has sadly passed away. He put up a good fight, and gave cancer a run for it's money, staying optimistic till the end.

It's sad to see him go, and I, like many others, send love and support to his family.

I will continue to write Techno in my books, not to mock his death, or pretend he isn't dead, but because I believe it is important to remember and keep his spirit alive. I understand if you're uncomfortable with that, but I hope you respect my choice.

Rest In Peace Technoblade

Gone but never dead.

Be safe my friends, I know it's hard, but be happy about the journey, not sad about the ending.

Sorry if this sounds really formal, that's just how I write.