Chapter 24

Pete POV

Vegas took me to his place. Seems like Sinn moved out. It was truly just us two. "Hold on. let me get you something else to wear." He went to his room to get some stuff. "Is it fine if I shower here?" I asked.

"Yeah of course! The towel is in the washroom."

While I was showering he knocked on the door and said, "I don't have clothes your size but I got something that should fit, it's outside. " It was an oversized hoodie with some big shorts.
Wow, these are so comfortable and new.

I wore them and got out, "Hey aren't these new?" I asked. "Yeah, I forgot to return them so I have just always had them at home. "

"Oh ok..." I sat down on his sofa and he got us some beer and chips. Vegas also changed into his silk pajamas. "Sinn finished all the wine while she was here, sorry." "I don't like wine lol" Vegas looked a bit offended but he smiled it off.

"Ok, what do you like then?" "I like mojitos. Or strawberry drinks."

"Strawberry? Next time I will make you something then." he held out his pinky finger. Did Venice teach him this? I did the pinky promise thing and he was satisfied.

What do we talk about? I never imagined I would be sitting with him like this, especially in shorts! "You wax your legs?" He looked surprised. "Um... yeah. I don't like it."

"Oh?" He took another sip of his second can.

Vegas moved his pants a bit to show his calves and they were full of tattoos. I had never seen that before. I never bothered to notice his calves I guess? There was a moon, fire, a skull, and so many things. "I just don't have hair growing in my legs anymore lol." He laughed. Is he high already?

"Oh. I have a tattoo too!" I wanted to seem pretty macho in front of him now. "I don't believe you, temporary ones don't count." He mocked me.

I lifted the hoodie a bit to show my waistline. "Look it's real!" I said. It was the letter V in pretty font and daisies around it. Vegas touched it and sent goosebumps all over my spine. I lowered my hoodie immediately but the bastard held it up. He kept going over the details. "Why do you have my letter on you?"

"V is for Venice, you idiot!' I smacked his forehead but he dodged. "Can it be V for Vegas too?" he asked quietly.

He looked up at me and blinked slowly. I guess he zoned out and didn't know what he was saying. I moved his hand away. He grabbed my hand instead. "Why do you have to be so nice to me? Why are you always there? Why are you always happy about my success, why do I need you to be there for me? Why do you make me yearn for your smile?" HE rambled.

"Vegas what are you saying?" He shushed me.

"P'Pete... it's getting harder for me to resist." He said and moved away. This is the first time he referred to me like that. As far as I know, he never respected anyone enough to call them like that. He went away to his room and just left me with questions.

"You IDIOT!" I screamed internally. I was confused and now it's even worse. I guess at this point I should just accept that I like him too. But I feel guilty. I don't know what to do either. I finished the rest of the beer and slept off.

Vegas POV

I woke up and smacked myself in the head. Why did I say that crap? Should I just act as if nothing happened? What would he think of me?

He was sleeping soundly in the living room. Damn it! I should have made him sleep in one of the rooms instead. I remember his sofa gave me backaches. I didn't want to disturb him so I went to the gym quietly.