Chapter 17 - Sinn Phairoh Side Story

Sinn POV

Phairoh looked drop-dead gorgeous when she walked in. Like I stopped breathing. The dress and her hair, everything worked perfectly. Like before I only saw a clumsy side of her but now it's different.

She sat down and we talked for a bit and she ended up coming out to me. Wow, Pete is gay too... Vegas should really act on that crush then.

I didn't know how to react to what she said because usually, it's me coming out to people. We just awkwardly stared at our drinks for a while.

"Want to order food?" She asked.

"I-"

"Oh, are you thrown off by what I said? aha, are you homophobic? Wow.... Didn't expect that." She started making her own conclusions.

"HAHAHA," I burst out laughing.

"Don't worry about that. Nice to meet you fellow homo" I extended my hand for a shake.

She laughed and screamed, "Aahah You too?" I nodded yes.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!" YoK yelled. I can't believe she forgot me already. I used to come here to take Tankhun back home all the time.

She put on some Spanish songs with the beats and Phairoh lost it on the dance floor. "GO join her' Yok pushed me. I CAN'T DANCE!!!! I tried moving my hips and stuff, but it didn't work! I'm probably just embarrassing myself. Yok played tango music and this was even worse with my shoes! Why did I have to wear my pencil heels today?

Phairoh took my hand and said, "You're supposed to do a couple of dances for this." Ah... Yok I see what you did there. Phairoh put her arm on my shoulder and guided my arm to her back. I was getting tingly all over but didn't show it.

I tried so hard to not step on her toes with my heels. "it's okay if you slip, seems like it's your first time." She said. "I don't want to hurt you though." "Hmmm. Yeah, I am first priority." She claimed. She is so cute that I wanted to squeeze her cheeks and say yes but I remembered that we just met.

We both had a couple more drinks and some snacks but we weren't completely hungry so we got some chicken skewers to go and went for a walk by the pier.

We removed our shoes and walked barefoot by the boardwalk and sat down. The cool wind was blowing and it just felt nice to be around someone. I guess after coming out both of us felt more comfortable with each other so we loosened up a bit.

"You know, this is not even my dress!" She giggled.

"OK, then whose is it?"

"My Houseowner's sister lol."
"Well, she has good taste because you look great in it," I replied.

She was silent again. I guess she was taken aback by my compliment.

"NO, YOU LOOK GREAT IN THAT!" She screamed suddenly and patted my shoulder.

Yup, she is drunk, but it's nice to see her smiling. At the law firm, she was pretty scared and nervous but now she looks pretty ok. She was also easy to talk to, good-looking, sweet, strong... AM I DEVELOPING A CRUSH?

"When was the last time you were this happy?" I asked her.

"Seconds ago.. hehe" She giggled. "Sincerely though, thank you for dealing with those people. I feel like it was fate that made us meet."

"Pete's name is Fate now?" I asked without blinking.

She glared at me. I knew she was trying to be romantic but I couldn't handle my dad's joke tendencies.

I removed my blazer and put it under my head and laid down for a bit. I extended it so that she could lay down too.

We were too drunk to notice the stars but I knew there were stars up there. "My whole life flew by so quickly... Now I'm just alone with a teenager to take care of. Maybe instead of all of the saving crap I did, if I had gone to college like Pete, I could have provided better for Chay."

I guessed Chay was her brother.

"Well....you do have your bakery now and whatever is happening now is just minor inconveniences. You have me now, you have Pete and your brother. So, maybe the good things are coming now?"

"Hmmm."

"Look at me, I finished my law degree at Harvard and I'm still disappointed in how I turned out. I can't even go home if I want to. My brother put up my room for rent. haha, I just wanna go away."

She looked me into the eyes and said, "YOU did great. Whatever you did, you did great" I don't know if it was the alcohol but my eyes were filled up with tears. My body moved on its own and I placed my forehead on Phairoh's. She was calm, and I felt calm too.

"as I was saying, I am proud of that," she said with a smile. I lost control of my hands and I pulled her closer for a small kiss. She wasn't even surprised. She looked at me for a bit and closed her eyes and planted her lips on mine, a bit forceful but very sweet.