Chapter 15

~Pete POV~

Damn it why did I give him that shirt? He looks like chocolate ice cream! Am I blushing now? SHittt!!! 

"I'll make some hot choco for us!" I suggested. I need to get out of here before I stare at him any longer.

~Vegas POV~

Pete brought some glasses and made hot milk for the two of us. He didn't have any beer at home so this was all we could drink and honestly, it's been a while since I had hot chocolate too.

"Do you want sugar?" "No, it's fine"

He sat down and we were both sipping milk quietly.

"SO... how come you don't have a car yet?" I asked him. I knew his salary and investments could cover a Rolls Royce but he had a Vespa.

"I am saving money for Venice. So he can grow up and do whatever he wants."

Oh.... That makes sense too.

"But I mean, are you ok with just a Vespa though?"

"I'm more than ok, but as a single parent, I need to make sure to keep all finances covered right, for both me and him. School prices are crazy high and if he wants to go to college that's even worse. International students get like a marked-up price. When I went, I had a scholarship but I don't want to overwork Venice when he reaches that stage."

"Whoa hold on, Venice is like 5 years old. You're thinking that long term?"

"Venice is seven, plus he has to do all of this in the next ten years. It will just pass by quick."

"Wow..." I was stunned because this is too much. I never went abroad to study so I had no idea, and now it's like the expenses keep piling up, poor Pete.

"You're like superman," I said silently.

"AHAH, what superman, you're like superman too. You are managing a global company at 31, you have like millions on turnover and you did all of this by yourself!"

"I didn't do all of this by myself..."

"Yeah you did, right from college until now, you've created it with your brainpower. You have like 400 people working for you all across Asia. That's pretty huge!"

"But... Again, I didn't do it by myself."

"Huh?"

"I had you..." I said.

Whatever Pete said was true but not completely. Without his timely advice, I couldn't have made it this far on my own. It would've been impossible considering my personality.

I'm short-tempered and I have social anxiety but Pete doesn't have any of those weaknesses.

Pete was silent once again and laughed it off. I guess he never thought of it that way. Although this is probably the first time I said it, I always had huge respect for him. I don't know why I never showed it.

We spoke about work for a bit. He gave me some gossip about Erica fighting with the finance team. I told him about Macao being a complete ass recently. He seemed to smile more now and I liked it. Around 12 he got sleepy and went to his room, I slept on the sofa. It finally felt peaceful after a long time.

Pete POV

I slept well after a long time. I woke up at 6 am and started preparing Venice's lunch. "Good morning," Vegas said, I must have woken him up with the noise in the kitchen. "Morning" I replied.

"What are you making? By the way, what time is it?"

"It's 6:20 and I am making rice and curry." "Oh sweet." He picked up his clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

"I'll get going." He said.

"NO! Stay." I blurted. He smiled and said,
"Nah, I also have to brush and workout after going home so I have to refuse." Don't goooo.

"I made breakfast for all three of us, just skip working out one day, you know we shouldn't waste food right?" I lied, I didn't even finish Venice's food yet.
Vegas paused for a bit.
"I have new brushes, it's in the cabinet in the washroom, 1st drawer."

"Alright, one day wouldn't hurt right?" he muttered and went back to the washroom.

I woke up Venice at 7 got him ready and all of us ate together. Venice went on the school bus and even hugged Vegas before going. I guess bribing him with chocolate is the most efficient way to get close to him.

Vegas went back to his house and I went back to mine. 

"Buzzzzz" /Phairoh Calling/

What does she want now?

"What happened?"

"DUDE YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT" she started. yeah, all good stories begin with, dude you will not believe it.