Chapter 7

~Vegas POV~

Sinn is back, why? I don't know. To wreck my life again! Since we were born, every day is a competition. Fight! Fight! Fight! She's older than me so she basically finished every milestone anyway. What's the point of comparing? Every year I tried to outdo her, in sports, academics, and music, I tried everything and she used to still be better than me. I remember she used to be the champion in boxing but she didn't pursue it because she had to "study". 

When I didn't choose law, my parents did not even want to fund my education. I got in through scholarships and left home. 

But I think the last straw was when she went to Harvard and I stayed here. I still did go to the best of the best universities, but no she went to the US, She should be god. I rolled my eyes whenever this topic came up.

She knew this and she was proud. She was the best in our family anyway and I'm just a loser dropout. They were fine when she came out, when I did, they were like "Let's disown him!" Am I born to only procreate or something? Give me a break.

And going over to her house is even worse. My elder brother is a crazy whacko and the only one I like, Kim is never there. So it's just me with a crazy head and a nerd.

The only time I had it better was when Sinn started working as an attorney before starting her firm. She even worked with Pete! Back then I was richer than her, Dp was doing well, but now her company boomed. She started getting awards left and right. Even Pete is on her side. Sigh.

"So cousin... How's a romance going?" "How about you tell me this time?" I can't tell her embarrassing crap. "Nothing much, but you know haven't been home in a long time so where do I start?" "I don't know go to a bar or something!" Why is she asking me? Isn't she the god? "Ok Macao you're legal right?" "Yes!" "then, let's go!" She grabbed me and Macao and took us to a fancy bar. Good, this way, I'll make sure to spend all her money.

The worst part was that she was never violent or abusive to me or Macao. It was just in her nature to be the best. Maybe it was my nature to suck. 

~Pete POV~

After putting Venice to sleep, I called up Phairoh to check up on her. "Dude I'm moving out," She said. "Huh? Don't you think you should tell your only friend that before you do it?" 

"Sorry, was in a rush." "Ok, but where?"

"Remember my Ex-Boss?"

"Yeah the Bar owner, Yok, right?"

"Yeah, she has a really close friend. He used to come to the bar a lot. He is leasing out rooms so Chay and I are going to be there for the time being."

"DO you need any help? Should I look his name up?"

"His name is Tankhun, he is great, don't worry, I will send you the address now. If you want to drop off Venice then come here. The house we are going to is furnished so we will only take clothes there."

"How long are you going there?" 

" It's only until this whole loan shark thing gets over, I'll be back after."

"Alright"

"Could you tell me the contact in the law firm and do I need to book an appointment or something?"

"Lol no. Just walk in and say you got a reference from Pete Phongsakorn and they will know. brief them about the issue"

"Alright then, goodbye!" "Mhm-"

Meanwhile 

~Vegas POV~

We have been drinking for the past four hours and she is still not done. I am so bored. Macao is out like a light so I have to drag him back home. 

"Cuzzz one more shot come on!"

 "It's been 8  one more shots!" I screamed. In reality, I stopped after a shot and pretended to take 7 more. I am really poor with alcohol unlike the GOD over here. 

"Let's go..."I whined. 

"OK, I lied! I lied to you!" Hmm... Interesting.

"I came back from the US because my family found a guy for me." WHAT? Weren't they all supportive of her sexuality? 

"I have to stay here and change their minds. When I was there, they kept pestering me using all their contacts in the US. Every other day a blind date. How am I supposed to explain it to my girlfriend? One day she got pissed and left me. It was a five-year relationship just poof. In the end, I'm sad and single with a looooooot of money. hehe"

Wow, so that's what happened. At least for me my parents have given up hope and don't pester me anymore. 

Of course, she has the pressure of having to please her parents. No wonder she wants to stay with me instead. Elder brother may be adding kerosene to the fire.

"I'm telling you, find a good guy and run away with him. That's the only way you can survive"

"OK, now it's really time to go home."

"You too Macao, find a girl, a guy, a they/them and run faaaaaaar away..." She sang.

I got both of them back home somehow and put them on the bed. I sat on the sofa and I couldn't sleep at all. The whole day was so hectic. 

Vegas: Pete, sorry for wasting your time today, Sinn is too much to handle.

I texted Pete. I know it's too late but he will read it in the morning anyway.

Pete _Secretary: //Read

SHIT! Why is he awake, it's like 2 in the morning!

Pete _Secretary: Not at all, always a pleasure to have her.

Vegas: What do you miss her or something, she's no pleasure, just a huge headache.

Pete _Secretary: ... //typing

What is the typing for so long?

Pete _Secretary: Phairoh, my boss is texting me now man... I don't want to disappoint him but I'm too sleepy

Oh shit! No, I didn't mean it like that

Pete _Secretary: //message deleted

Vegas: Pete really sorry, I won't disturb you.

I closed my phone and tried to sleep.

Pete POV

SHIT why did I send that, he obviously saw. Honestly spending time with him is nice, but it was only today I was exhausted. UGHHHHHHHHH. I don't mind talking to you Vegas!!!

Pete: good night sir

Vegas Theerapanyakul (CEO): Good night Pete