Chapter 10

Pete POV

Vegas dropped me at the bakery. "You live in a bakery?" he was puzzled. "It is my friend's place. Her brother takes care of Venice sometimes. He is actually Macao's friend." "Oh! Macao's friend?"He raised his eyebrow. Why is wrong with being Macao's friend, what is he implying? //According to Vegas, Macao's "friends" mean hookups.

I got off the car and bowed. He nodded and drove back.

Venice ran and hugged my leg. I bent down and picked him up. "What did you guys do today?" I asked. "PLAY! Play! PLAY!" HE looked so happy. His smile was so wide his eyes were covered by his cheeks. Chay looked tired though. "Did you do any homework though?" "I made him do some math tasks. " he yawned.

"Chay, did you even go to college today?" "NO, Je made me manage the bakery so I just stayed here the whole day." "Ok, here you go, today's pay. Do you want food? It's on me!"

"Um.... Actually, I have something to do." "What are you going somewhere with Macao?" "No. He's got something to do." "I umm... am going to a bar." "ALONE?" I screamed. To me, he was still a baby so I can't fathom him going to a bar without any of us.

"P', Je cannot find out about this."
 "OK but tell me why you're going."
"Well... One of my seniors works there so I am going to meet him."
"Is it our bar or someplace else?"
"It's the bar near our college."
"OH, Macao isn't coming along? Give me one of your friend's numbers. I don't want you drinking without protection."
"OH my god, I am an adult. I don't need to be protected."
"Shut up you're a child!"
"I- DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF HITTING ON PEOPLE!" He screamed at me. 

"Ohhhhh. Oh. Sorry"
"Papa why is elder brother hitting people? We should not use violence right?" Venice asked me suddenly.
"Um hitting on people and hitting people is different Venice."
"What the difference?"
 "Um, I'll tell you when you're older."
"TELL MEEE" Venice started throwing a tantrum. "Ok ok relax, it's like making someone like you" "Oh." Venice then hit me with his tiny fists. "I like you papa" I- this baby oh my god. I hugged him hard. 

"Anyway, Chay, I don't like the fact that you are going to a bar, so if anything happens call me immediately. Don't accept any drinks from-"
"FROM STRANGERS. Yeah, I know! I don't even drink ok, I just, want to see this guy."

"Well, who is this guy, why are you whipped for him?"
 "Oh, I'll show some pictures of him from the Uni website. He hasn't accepted my follow request on Instagram." 

"Really, and why didn't he?"

 "Apparently he is not active on it."

 "Bullshit, all you Genz kids do is TikTok and Instagram, why won't he be active."

 "I don't know P' but I believe him. Look even his post count is zero." CHay showed me his profile. The picture seemed very familiar.

I typed his profile and saw Vegas was following him. Huh? "Is he famous?" "Yeah, he sings during open mics and lives music nights at bars. He's' like a sensation."

 "Oho is that why you like him" I teased. It is really cute. Chay having a crush must be fun to be so young. "Maybe - he said."

Vegas likes music, maybe that's why he follows this guy. But weird, this guy accepted his request and not his college junior. "Does this guy know Macao?" "Yeah, they're brothers." "HUH???"

"I mean cousins. Macao has an elder brother, and the guy I like is his cousin." "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" I can't believe this. Is Vegas related to everybody I know? "What happened P'?" "Nothing." "Do you want a ride? I'll call you a cab." "Really? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" He hugged me and ran to the washroom to change.

Meanwhile

~Sinn POV ~

"UNCLE!!!" I screamed. Damn Uncle Thee had a glow up. He went from fighting for scraps to a loan shark. "Haven't heard from you in ages!" I said.

"Wait, why are you calling me uncle? Who are you?"

"It's me! Your cousin's daughter! Korn. ring any bells?"

"SHIT! Sinn..." He said.

"Well, you've done well for yourself huh? Frightening delicate girls like her. Taking over homes. "

"Don't do anything Sinn please, I beg you. She was a fighter here and her aunt took my money and ran away. I didn't know what else to do." He kneeled down to me. I stood up and looked at him.

Years ago he had stolen a lot of money from us and we never saw him again. Dad was way too trusting. He waited and waited. No one came back. "You know I always wanted to give you a return gift for what you did to us."

Phairoh just sat there clueless. She kept looking back and forth. Obviously, none of us expected this situation.

"Sinn please, I can forgive her.  JUst don't tell your father or Khan about this. Please. She doesn't have to pay us anything, Phairoh you don't owe me anything anymore,  but...." 

"BUT?" 

"My guys trashed her house already."

"WHAT! It's my aunt! You have to find my aunt and you can do whatever, why did you have to thrash my house!" Phairoh whined.

"So, uncle, what is it, voluntary jail time or voluntary home restoration. You choose."

"I will repair the house. I will send my guys right away. Please don't tell your father. Please I beg you! I will even return the sum I have to pay you guys. Just don't throw me in jail" He put his palms together and begged.

I was completely satisfied but Phairoh looked uncomfortable. "Ok, we will keep in touch then!" i said and gave him my card. "Come on, let's get out of here." I held out my hand to Phairoh this time.

--

We both made it back to the car and she was silent the whole time. "Why are you so quiet. problem solved right?"

"Are you in the mafia?"