Chapter 21

Pete pov

Phairoh just told me dropped a bomb on me. "Remember, I told you I was with someone?"

"Yeah..."

"It's Sinn "

My brain nearly exploded. How?

"Bitch what?" I was still surprised.

"I win the bet! You owe me a treat!" She screamed from the other end. Phairoh and I made a bet when we were in grade 9, she bet that she would find a girlfriend before I do. I was sure I had more game than her. But Now.... Ugh. How did she manage to bag Sinn?? Is Sinn blind?

"Way to go I guess? But isn't it too fast? Like you've known each other for what a week?"

"Apparently she liked me since she handled your case.... Besides I'm not getting any younger. Might as well be in a relationship when I can right? Also, you're one to speak, you've known Vegas for 8 years, and what's your progress?"

"Nothing..."

"Yall didn't even sleep together yet?"

"YOU SLEPT WITH SINN? Already?"

"No, we just cuddled " she giggled.

"Oh, He slept on the sofa and I slept in my room. Also, I have Venice at home I can't do anything."

"Sure, use the kid as an excuse. if y'all get married Venice is gonna be at home for at least another ten years."

"Oh my god, can you like shut up!"

"Stop fighting it!!!!! That's all I can tell you!"

I heard her landlord call for her so she cut the call on me.

I went to the office today and started working on the leftover documents. Erica gave us new files to sign and even the finance department wanted us to check the budgets and everything.

Because I'm a shareholder as well, most of the board of directors trust me with stuff, more than they trust Vegas.

Vegas walked in slouching with his arm on his back. "Argh," he growled. An hour later Sinn dropped by to hand over some documents and she had her hand on her bicep. She looked as if she was in pain as well.

Did these guys fight?

Vegas pov

I reached home in a happy mood but remembered Sinn brought someone over yesterday. The thought of that is just disgusting. She was up and ready to go to work but her date wasn't there. "What happened where's your date?"  I massaged my back as I asked her. I was in so much pain from sleeping on the sofa, that thing was a death bed.

She turned to me and I could see she was in pain as well. "Bro... my hand, I can't feel it."

"Ew, I don't wanna know why... just tell me where you did it I have to sterilize that place."

She slapped me lightly and said "We didn't do shit. She just slept off on my arm and I don't think I have one anymore. What the fuck did you do to your back?"

"Pete-"

"PETE? YOU DID PETE? FINALLY!!!"

"No Pete made me sleep on his sofa"

She rolled her eyes at me. "Can you guys just stop playing hard to get?"

"It's not that. Look I'm not even attracted to him. I'm not ready to be in a relationship. Plus the guy has so many issues on his hand I don't even know if me being with him will make it better or worse... plus he has a kid."

"So are you against single fathers or something?"

"No, I don't want to ruin what they have by being a new addition."

"You know the fact that you care about all this stuff means that you like him..."

"Look I need time to figure out what I'm feeling," I said and walked to the shower.

"How long are you going to keep hooking up with people?" Sinn mumbled and went to work.

I don't know.... I am scared for some reason. by dating him I'm also endangering our work relationship, and if we break up that's not going to be good for his mental health considering the shit ton of things he goes through. But if I could see him smile every day... that too because of me, my life would probably brighten up. Isn't that selfish though?