39

— happily ever after

fire.

"you ready?" spoke a voice, a voice that was all too familiar. the girl turned around with a smile and nodded, "yeah, i think i am."

sokka and senna linked arms and began walking to where senna was going to be married.

today was zuko and sennas wedding.

usually, the fathers walked the brides down the isle but since sennas dad died, she had asked sokka.

she had dreamed of this day since she was a little girl and she was finally living that dream.

the music began and everyone stood. zuko stood at the end of the isle, wearing some nice fire nation clothing. his hands were shaking, he was so nervous.

a gasp left zukos lips the moment he laid eyes on the girl he's loved forever. she was smiling at him. she was inches away from becoming his.

sokka and senna departed, him going to go sit with his sister and aang while she walked up to zuko, smiling at him every second.

his eyes were watery and he began crying.

she too.

"you may all sit," said iroh.

everyone senna met during her travels were there.

the swamp guys.

the duke and peesqeuak.

heru and his father.

some of sennas people from her tribe.

everyone was there.

all four elements together.

the world was finally at peace.

and though it felt weird, senna was glad. she was glad there was no more fighting and no more death. she could finally live the life she always wanted.

and it was all because of the little bald monk who was seated next to katara.

she looked over at him and smiled, he smiled too.

"time for the vows," iroh tells the two, "zuko, you are first."

zuko nodded and takes out a note from his robe, his hands were shaking as he read, "senna. when i heard that name come out of your mothers mouth, i knew i had to meet you. i knew i needed you in my life. i know taking you away from your home was the wrong choice but all i wanted was to find the avatar. that was my destiny. my uncle knew i didn't need you to help me but he didn't stop me either. he said that maybe you joining us would change me. i didn't believe him but," he looked at his uncle and smiled, "he was right."

"you changed me senna. in so many ways. i never thought that i would marry one of my prisoners on my ship. i never thought i would become friends with the avatar and the three people who hated me," he stopped and looked over at the four friends who were smiling, "i never thought you would love me the way i love you. so, here i am today, ready for you to become my wife."

senna couldn't hold in the tears anymore, they were falling down her cheeks but she still held her smile, "i love you."

"i love you more."

"senna, it is your turn."

senna nodded and took a deep breath, pulling out her piece of paper, "zuko. i remember the day you told me you needed me and all i could think about was why did he need me? i hated you, for weeks. but i realized, hating you was stupid. that you weren't the person people said you were. im glad you took me because i would of never met you or the gaang or anyone. meeting you was the best moment of my life. thank you for changing me. thank you for believing in me always, since the beginning. so, here i am today, ready for you to become my husband."

"rings, i need rings!" iroh yelled to toph who rushed over with the two rings, "here!"

zuko grabbed one and senna grabbed the other.

"you're my person," senna said as she slid the ring onto zukos finger, "and you are mine."

"you may miss the bride!"

zuko and senna both smiled as zuko leaned down and kissed the girl. cheers were heard all around as the new married couple kissed.

there stood sokka, smiling away. although the girl he was in love with was marrying someone else, he knew she'd be in his life for a very long time.

[xxxxxxxxx]

they had a party for the two back at the royal palace. the gaang and the new married couple stood on the balcony, watching the sunset.

"i can't believe after all this time, we all became the best of friends," senna smiled at her friends, who all smile back at her.

"yeah, it's been a crazy journey for all of us," sokka spoke from suki's side, "but we got through it, together."

"aang saved the world."

"no," aang shook his head, letting go of kataras hand, turning to his group of friends, "we all saved the world. i couldn't have done it without you guys," he said, his eyes getting all watery.

"aw aang," katara hugged him and the two kissed.

"get a room!"

"seriously! my feet don't want to see that!"

senna laughed, "group hug!" she squealed, pulling everyone in.

"i know i asked this question already but it's really been on my mind," toph said, her head bent down.

"what's wrong toph?" katara asked.

"do you really think friendships can last more than one lifetime?"

"yeah," senna nodded, smiling at all her friends, "they can. they really can."

the world was now in peace.

all four elements in peace.

and the reason these 7 friends all even met was because of the bald monk sokka and katara rescued all those months ago.

they're the reason the world was saved.

because of team avatar.

!END OF BOOK THREE!