5

— the town

— the town.
fire.

senna doesn't dress that fancy. it's just going into town, in disguise, and getting some food and clothes. she didn't trust ryder, he reminded her of some stupid jerk from her village.

the stupid jerk she was arranged to marry at the age of 16.

senna met up with ryder and yanmei then started their walk into ba sing se. her heart broke at the fact irohs tea shop was now closed.

"poor iroh." she sighed.

dai li was everywhere since azula now owns ba sing se. on every street corner or alley way stood about 3 agents.

"soooo, where would you like to go first?" ryder broke the silence which pissed senna off.

"look." she says, stopping him from walking, "don't act like we're friends. i know you saved me and im very grateful you did but i don't trust you or your mom at all so please stop doing whatever you're doing and just let me go shop for new clothes because im sleeping in the clothes i was wearing when i died!" she finished, shouting out the last part.

the whole street heard and all eyes landed on the two.

"sorry, im sorry it's just i like you."

senna groaned, "well hate to break it to you but i don't like you back. im already in a relationship now let's go." she walked off, little yanmei following behind as she laughed at her heart broken brother.

[xxxxxxxxx]

yanmei and senna stopped at many different shops. the little 10 year old helped senna pick out the latest fashions in ba sing se.

"try this on!" the younger bender squealed, handing senna a green crop top and some flowly green pants. the dual bender nodded and rushed into the dressing room.

she stared at herself in the mirror, her eyes stuck on the huge scar below her heart. she gently placed her hand on the scar, tensing up a little.

it was in fact pretty big. it covered half her chest and half her back. she sighed and put on the new outfit. senna walked out and did a little spin for yanmei who was in awe of how pretty senna looked.

the green matched perfectly with her eyes and hair, "you look like a princess! ryder what do you think?"

ryder turned his head toward his sister, "hm?"

yanmei gestured to senna who was trying her best to hide her scar. ryder looked at the girl and his mouth dropped, she did look like a princess.

"you're in loveeeeee." yanmei teased, making the dual bender laugh. ryder rolled his eyes and cleared his throat, "yeah, it's um its a nice outfit. i'll buy it."

"im also getting these." senna threw him a pair of sandals she liked, "thanks man." she patted him on the shoulder, grinning, "you're to kind and generous."

after ryder paid for sennas new clothes, they all headed over to a noodle restaurant.

"table for three please." ryder told the worker. they all followed after him and senna made sure she wasn't next to the boy at all.

so she made yanmei sit next to him while she sat across from him.

"why do you hate me so much?" ryder asked, handing the two girls a menu.

"because you're an asshole and i don't trust you." she snapped.

before the boy could speak, the waiter walked over, "what could i get you guys today?" he asked, smirking down at senna.

"could i just get a noodle soup please and she'll take the same." senna smiled.

he nodded and wrote down the order then looked at ryder, "what would you like sir?"

"same thing as her."

the waiter nodded again and walked away. senna sat back in her seat with a huff, "so now you're copying my meal?"

"what? no!" ryder defended, sitting back in his seat as well, "i just don't like noodles other then just regular noodles."

senna nodded, not believing it, "right."

[xxxxxxxxxxx]

for the remainder of the day, senna and ryder argued. they argued about the stupidest stuff. to everyone else it looked like a husband and wife yelling at each other with their kid following behind.

once they got home, senna said a quick hello to luna and then stormed to her bedroom, slamming the door shut.

"what's up with her?" luna laughed as ryder took a seat at the kitchen table.

"she hates me and i just don't know why."

senna groaned and flopped down on her bed like a fish. she hated it. this new life she was living. she missed her old life.

traveling with aang, katara, toph, sokka, appa, momo, oh my stumpy!

where is he?! did i leave him at the house? oh god please no. the girl panicked, pulling on a jacket and was about to head out the door to take a quick visit by her old home but was interrupted by a hawk flying into her room and landing on a desk.

"hi?" she closed the door and walked over to the animal, a letter attached to his right foot.

"what's this?" she untied the knot and grabbed the letter, opening it.

dear senna,
hey, it's me, the avatar. your buddy aang. i know you're gone but for some reason i still feel you. it sounds crazy but it feels like we're connected somehow. the others don't understand it but maybe you do. do you feel me? look, i could be sending this to some random person named senna right now but i know you're alive, senna and i need you. the gaang needs you. sokka needs you. write back soon if this is the senna im talking about.
ps: stumpy is with us, we took him days before the accident.
— your friend, aang.

senna couldn't believe it, aang was alive and he knows she's alive too. a knock on the door interrupted her thoughts and she sighed, "come in, it's open."

"i swear if it's ryder...im going to beat his ass..."

ryder walked in, smiling away. senna rolled her eyes and hid the note in her back pocket, "what's up?"

"i want to take you somewhere."

senna let out a laugh, "like i'll go anywhere with you, serial killer."

ryder shoved his hands into his pocket and walked closer to the girl, "if you come, i'll tell you about yourself. about the tiamat."