22

— trying to convince

fire.

appa had gotten tired from flying so the gaang walked for the rest of the way to the western air temple. senna had woken up a while ago and was now riding on appa, trying to heal her leg.

they reached the edge of the cliff and tophs eyes widened, "hey, we're here! i can feel it!"

"uh toph i think you need to get your feet checked. there's nothing here." katara said.

"no toph is right, the air temple is underneath the cliff!" aang beamed.

everyone got back on appa as he flew inside the temple. woah, this place was huge. once appa landed, haru and sokka helped senna down.

"okay katara please do your cool healing stuff and fix senna please!" sokka told his sister. he could tell senna was in a lot of pain just from the sweat dripping down her face and the small flames of fire that were forming in the palms of her hands.

"okay okay." teo, the duke and haru all went exploring while the gaang stayed put. katara bended out her healing water and rested it on sennas right leg. you could tell it was broken by the huge bruise that was forming. (her pants are ripped that's how you could see it)

senna winced and held onto sokkas hand tightly.

"tell me where the pain hurts the most, sanny." katara spoke as she moved the water upwards.

"a little higher." katara listened, "okay! okay! right there!" senna squeezed her eyes shut and laid her head on sokkas chest, breathing heavily.

aang then hands katara a bandage and she wraps it around sennas leg, "it's still pretty bad so try to stay off it for a while, okay?"

senna nodded with a sigh, "okay."

the others then try to decide on what to do. senna wasn't really paying attention. she was too focused on the pain flowing around her body. between the 2 broken ribs and her leg, she felt like she was dying all over again.

"senna, you getting this?" aang asked.

senna looked at them, "what?"

"we were saying that i need to learn firebending and defeat the fire lord that way. but there's nobody willing to teach me." aang said with a sigh.

"i can teach you!" the girl smiled as she stood up but immediately sat back down, "forgot about my leg....heh."

"i think we'll have to wait." toph said, nodding her in head in some random direction.