32

— new stumpy

— new stumpy.
fire.

senna woke up the next morning before anyone else. it was shocking actually since she was always the last one awake.

after prying herself from zukos strong arms, she stepped out of the tent and was met with the hot air hitting her skin.

senna inhaled the air, smiling, "todays a new day!" she said to herself.

"you're up early," a voice spoke, startling her.

she turned around and spotted sokka sitting on the ground near the campfire. he had dark circles under his eyes and looked really tired.

"did you sleep last night sokka?" she asked, taking a seat next to him.

"no cuz i thought *yawn* something happened to you.." he answered, looking away embarrassed.

"i was in zukos tent."

"i can see that."

she looked at him weirdly and he pointed to her neck which had a huge ass hickey on it. her eyes widened and she covered her neck with her hand, smiling innocently, "that's um nothing.....heh."

he rolled his eyes, "sure."

silence soon took over which was making things really awkward. it had only been a week and a half since they have broken up and senna hopes sokka doesn't think their whole relationship was just to make zuko jealous or anything like that.

she truly did love him.

she still does.

"sokka."

"hm?"

she bites her lip nervously and grabs his hand, "i just wanted you to know that our whole relationship wasnt fake. it was real. it's just things changed and happened you know."

sokka nodded, "yeah, totally. we were truly in love at one point and now we're not. but that's okay, we can be friends right?"

senna smiled and nodded, "of course."

as the two were staring deeply in each other's eyes (odd but okay) , a small animal landed next to senna. she looked over at it and squealed, "it's a baby dragon!"

she laid her hand out next to it and it jumped onto her hand then she allowed it to hop onto her shoulder.

sokka watched. he was in awe at how careful she was with the little animal. she was amazing.

"what should i name..." she looked at the dragons wing, "him?"

"stumpy," sokka said with a smile.

stumpy....

senna smiled as well, "stumpy."

[xxxxxxxx]