1

— her awakening

— her awakening.
senna
fire.

the day wasn't warm but it also wasn't cold. it was nice. a brother and sister, ages 16 and 10 played catch on the beach a few miles away from their home.

their mother stood and watched with a warm smile on her face. "ryder, make sure the ball doesn't go in the water!" she calls out.

ryder rolls his eyes but listens anyway. yanmei, the sister, throws the ball and it of course rolls into the water.

"ryder get it!" the mother shouts.

as ryder walks to the waters edge, he notices something. a girl, laying face up in the water. her skin as pale as snow and her hair, it's a gorgeous snowy white.

"ryder, ryder, what's wrong?" yanmei asked, joining her brothers side and saw the girl then gasped, "should i get shan?"

ryder nodded. he takes off his shoes and dives into the water, ignoring his mothers yells.

ryder picks her up bridal style and carries her back to shore where his mother and his mothers boyfriend greet them. he lays her down.

"oh my, is she breathing?"

"does it look like shes breathing mom?! do something!" ryder panics.

luna raises her hands above the girls stomach and moves them around slowly, making her way up to the girls mouth then pulls her hands back so all of the sea water could escape her lungs, allowing her to breathe.

the girl opens her eyes and sits up with a gasp, coughing up the remaining sea water.

she breathes heavily as she looks around at her unfamiliar surrounds. but her heavy breathing causes her to groan at the pain where azula stuck her.

"zuko?"

the four all glance at each other. then luna notices her eye color, what's a waterbender doing in an earth kingdom town?

"no, no one named zuko here." ryder smiled, laughing a little.

senna glared at him which shut him up pretty quickly. how did i get here? she asked herself, where even am i?

"look, let's get you inside and all cleaned up, okay?" luna says with a smile and lends the girl a hand. she hesitantly grabs it but nearly falls when she stands.

"easy there, kiddo." shan said, catching her.

"i-i..i need to sit down." she says, her vision blurring and then everything goes black.