6

— dragons

— dragons.
fire.

senna agreed to go with ryder to whatever place he wanted to take her to. he didn't say a word as they walked.

senna constantly checked her surroundings, scared if this is some kind of trap and that this asshole was going to hand her over to the dai li.

"i quit." she said, stopping, "where is this place?"

ryder sighed, "just a little further."

senna groaned and continued following him. they finally stopped, senna wiped away the sweat on her forehead and looked around.

they were in the forest but there was miles and miles of open land.

she turned to ryder who was already staring at her, "if you're about to murder me or something, i can easily kill you first." she said, forming a fire ball in her hand.

"look senna, i care about you a lot and i feel the need to protect you. learning that people like the dai li are after you infuriates me. i will help you get you back to your friends but you need to trust me."

senna stared at the boy intently, to her it seems he does want to help and that's all she wants, to get back to sokka, the other members of the gaang and zuko.

"okay." she says, with a sigh and makes the fire ball disappear, "so tell me why you took me here."

"well." ryder began, "you're the tiamat, the goddess of dragons and the slayer of all evil. what that means is the dragons are like your protectors and they'll do anything for you if you call out to them."

"call out to them, got it." she looked up at the sky, "DRAGONS I NEED YOUR HELP!"

"no, not like that." he said, with a laugh, "you need to focus your mind on the thought of them and then simply say 'come to me' it's that easy."

senna tried her best to hold in her laugh, "come to me? that's stupid but i'll try."

and again, the northern watertribe princess stares up at the sky, thinking about the dragons, "come to me."

she looks back at ryder, "did it work?"

ryder nodded, "just be patient."

a few moments pass and still no dragons, "this was a waste of time, thanks man." she begins to walk away, ignoring the calls from ryder.

as the girl ignored him and kept walking, ryder heard the sound of flying in the sky. he looked up and saw them, the dragons, the tiamats dragons.

there were about 4 of them, all different colors. one blue for the water tribe, red for the fire nation, green for the earth kingdom and yellow for the air nomads.

"senna, look!" he calls out to the girl.

"fuck off, im going back to the house."

"senna, im serious, look."

the girl whips her head around, ready to yell at the boy but stops when she sees the dragons in the sky. she gasps as they all land around her, their heads bowed down.

"oh my god!" she screamed, "it worked!"

she was amazed at how beautiful and big they were. dragons were always her favorite, since she was a little girl. her father used to tell her and yue bedtime stories about the dragons.

"hi, im senna." she smiled at the blue one who seemed to be very infatuated with the princess, "you guys are so beautiful." she gently placed her hand on his head.

the blue one smelled her and growled, indicating that he knew she was their queen.

the other three did the same and senna laughed.

"i need to give you all names."

she thinks, seeing that all the dragons represented all four elements. she wanted the names to sound cool and scary but also badass.

"your name is phoenix." she pointed at the fire dragon.

"you're hmmm." she thought about the air dragon, he was a mixture of yellow and orange, "lightening."

"you look like a shadow." she said to the earth dragon since she was a mixture of green but also black.

"and you..." senna looked at the water dragon, "storm."

ryder was truly fascinated in how she was communicating with these dragons and that they understood her.

"you can go now." she spoke softly, patting the top of shadows head, "i'll be okay."

the four dragons all glanced at each other and then began flapping their wings. they flew into the air and disappeared.

"ryder lin, if it isn't the waterbender who's been causing so much trouble." a voice spoke from behind the two.

senna froze at the voice, knowing who it was exactly. the memory of that night and when she attacked her friends flashes though her mind.

"senna, the earth king has invited you to lake laogai."

"finally ready to hand her over?" long feng asked grinning. the girl turned, about 5 dai li agents stood with long feng.

"don't listen to him, senna." ryder said, stepping toward the girl and protectively shoving her behind him.

"you don't scare me, long feng." senna pushed past ryder, forming a fireball in her hand, "do you really think you can capture me?"

long feng let out a laugh, "i did it once and i can easily do it again."

senna swallowed, she was scared. knowing that two simple words turned her into a crazy person. she watched herself attack sokka, hurt katara and aang.

then she remembered jet, the look on smellerbee and longshots faces when they told her he died.

"you hurt my friends. you hurt jet! you hurt me! what is it that you want?!" she shouted, rage filling her body, "what do you want from me!"

"i don't want you, dual bender." long feng took a step closer to senna causing her to step back, "i want to end you."

the fireball disappeared, just access smoke floating in the air. she held up her arms, moving her fingers around as she absorbed up all the water in the air.

then the water flowed between her hands. long feng watched her closely as well as ryder.

"agh!" she aimed the water at the earthbender that instantly turned into ice. long feng blocked the ice with a rock wall.

"silly girl."

senna gasped, clutching her chest. she swayed back and forth and was about to collapsed to the ground but ryder luckily caught her just in time, "leave! now! you'll get her soon, i promise."

long feng sighed and disappeared along with the dai li agents.

ryder gently laid senna on the ground who was knocked out cold, "shit."

he picked her up and walked home, knowing his mother can easily heal her.