19

— aangs hallucinations

fire.

the gaang arrived at the black cliffs in the fire nation. senna stumbled off of appa, "sokka! i need you!"

the boy rushed over to her, full of concern, "what's wrong?!"

she points to appa and then points to the ground, "place down my sleeping bag please. i still feel weak." she rubs her head which is still throbbing from hamas blood bending.

sokka smiles and lays sennas sleeping bag down. "here you go- woah okay." he catches her just before she collapses and lays her down, "i'll be right back."

moments later he comes back and lays his sleeping bag next to hers then he climbs into it. their faces were inches apart.

"how you feeling?"

"fine what about you?"

"im fine but aang isn't. he's freaking out because the invasion is in 4 days." sokka laughed.

"im freaking out too."

"what, why?"

"in my dream, remember? i get hurt and then you save me but something happens to you..." she sighed then her eyes widen, "where's stumpy?"

"uh he's uhh..." sokka sat up and looked around, "i haven't seen him since the hot springs..."

"WHAT!"

"senna relax." sokka says, trying to calm down his girlfriend who is currently hyperventilating.

"sokka where is he? i cant lose him." she said, tears threatening to spill.

"let me ask the others. GUYS DO YOU KNOW WHERE STUMPY IS?!"

they all shake their heads no. sennas heart stops. this can't be real. this can't be happening. "look, maybe he's around here somewhere but we're both too out of it to see him. let's just get some rest. especially you."

senna sighs and lays back down, her back toward sokka. without him knowing, she cries herself to sleep, terrified that something happened to stumpy.

[xxxxxxxx]

the next day was pretty boring. sokka and senna searched everywhere for stumpy and they couldn't find him. oh and aang was currently punching a tree which was pretty weird.

"he's gone. i can't believe it." she said in defeat.

"i know. im so sorry senna." sokka pulled her into a hug as she cried into his chest.

"im sorry sanny." katara frowned, hugging the girl as well.

"come to think of it, i do remember feeling stumpy at the crazy ladies house." toph blabbed out.