24

— confusion

— confusion.
fire.

"soooooo when do we start my training?" aang asked, although it was a little hard to hear since his mouth was full of food.

zuko raised an eyebrow in thought. after a few seconds, he spoke, "whenever you want to start. we could even start after we finish eating."

"alright!" the bald monk cheered, jumping at least 8 feet into the air with excitement.

"i can help too," senna said with a shrug, "i'm a pretty good firebender myself," she smiled at zuko who smiled back.

sokka noticed this and huffed with his arms crossed, "you're still pretty hurt, sanny. maybe you should wait."

senna sighed with a nod, "yeah, you're right."

moments later, aang finished his food and jumped up, smiling from ear to ear, "let's go!"

zuko sighed and placed down his plate of food, "alright then. i know you're probably nervous but remember, firebending in it of itself is not something to fear."

"okay, not something to fear, got it."

"but if you don't respect it, it'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo rhino!"

aangs confident expression faded a little but immediately came back, "i'm ready."

"good, now show me what you've got. any amount of fire you can make."

aang nodded and took a stance. he pushed his hands forward and a little cloud of black smoke escaped from the tips of his fingers.

"maybe i need a little more instruction. perhaps a demonstration?" aang suggested, with his cheeky grin.

zuko nodded, "good idea. you might wanna take a couple steps back." well that was attractive. shut up senna you're with sokka.

zuko got in a basic firebending stance and tried to shoot a blast of fire. however, only a small gust of flames was ejected from his hand.

"what was that? that was the worst firebending i've ever seen!" zuko groaned.

aang clapped, unsure on how to feel, "i thought it was.....nice."

zuko tried a few more times before pulling his hair in annoyance, "why is this happening?!"

"maybe it's the altitude?" aang questioned.

"yeah, maybe." zuko said and turned toward the others, "you try senna."

she had been sitting next to sokka, them two talking and laughing about something, "huh?"

"if you can't do it either, then we know it's the altitude and not me."

"alrighty," she handed sokka her plate and stood up with the two. she opened the palm of her hand and a flame appeared, "seems pretty normal."