Early morning conversations

Max was slowly waking up as the first rays of sunlight were peaking trough the window of his hotel room. As he regained consciousness again he felt a weight placed on his chest. 'Charles' he softly whispered with a smile on his face as he cuddled his boyfriend closer to his chest. Burying his nose it his boyfriend's mop of hair as he smelled his overpriced but delicious smelling shampoo. He still wondered every time as he held the Monegask close how he got so lucky. Arguably one of the most handsome man and caring souls on the planet and he obviously wasn't just biased! Hé really praised himself lucky.

Charles was now also waking up slowly and as he opens his eyes he smiled at the dutchman 'how long have you been staring?' As max smiled back at him. 'Just a little while'  Charles grinned at that 'creep'. Max snorted was he wrapped his arms tightly around his boyfriend 'oh shut it Leclerc you love the attention!' Charles hummed contently as he softly kissed his boyfriend's lips.

They made out lazily for a little while before Charles spoke up again, bringing the slightest bit of distance between them. 'How are you feeling today? Are you ready to talk about yesterday?' He asked soft. Max groaned as a reply. 'I was feeling much better with your lips on mine. But I guess you should know'
The pair went to sit back against the backrest of the bed as Max started to explain what happend.

'Hè came to me to say that he wanted to talk. So I obviously first asked him why he was there since I hadn't invited him and why he wanted to talk at the gala, he told me he came because like you know outside of raceweekend we don't really talk. So I get that he wants to get a hold of me till some extend. But he actually wanted to start the conversation right there and then.'

'Where exactly did he wanna talk about?' The Monegask asked.

'You... us' he said as he shifted his gaze towards his hands.

'In what sense?' Charles asked as he layed his hands on top of Max's.

'Honestly I don't really know cause I told him to keep it down cause we didn't want anyone to find out obviously. That's also when Daniel and Lando joined me' the dutchman said as he fumbled with his bracelet.

'And you know what is worse for a second I thought maybe he wanted to make things better between us cause even though his choice of words wasn't the best, he seemed different' he let out a deep breath 'but ofcourse that can't be true I always be his disappointment' as he furiously whiped a tear away that was rolling over his cheek.

'What Made you change your mind about that?' Charles carefully asked as he caressed his thumb over the back of Max's hand.

'Well, I told him we could talk but not there. Cause I obviously didn't want the attention all on us. And I guess it didn't go his way right then so then he told me that 'we are already perfectly doing that ourselves' as he mimicked his hand between them.
'Honestly how could I've been so stupid to believe that even if it was only just one second he wanted to make things better ?' He wondered loudly

The Monegask wrapped his arm around his boyfriend as he cuddled him close. 'First of all being stupid is my trademark not yours' he said trying to light his boyfriends mood a little reffering to his boardradio after his crash in qualifying in Baku with a smirk. This seemed to work as Max let out a little snort at his statement.

'Secondly I think you might have been right about him maybe wanting to make things right?' He said a bit unsure.
Max looked at him confused and a slightly bit irritated . 'Why do you think that after what I just told you?' As he furrowed his brows.
'Well that doesn't help, but I mean yesterday, when he walked past me he didn't give me that usual dead glare he used to give me, so well maybe... I don't know... I just' he stumbled over the last parts of his words.
'Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but I just wish so much more fore you you know?' He said as he played with the ring on his finger. 'I- I- just really hoped for you to be able to have what I can't' he sighed. He said as he looked up to the dutchman again.

Max's face had turned soft again, the hard expressions gone. 'Well maybe there is hope' he said unsure. 'I still don't understand his last reaction though' the dutchman sighed.
'Well you turned him down and your dad obviously doesn't like to hear the word no' he deadpanned. 'He is kind of known for throwing tantrums when things doesn't go his way'
Max looked at his boyfriend shocked before he snorted and started to laugh. 'Yeah that's true' before he turned slightly serious again. 'I guess let's just see what happens in the future' the Monegask only hummed in response when his phone started beeping. He groaned before he turned to look at the message.

Calamar 🦑:
Breakfast with the boys downstairs in an hour?

Charles showed the text to his boyfriend who nodded In agreement. So Charles texted back.

Charles:
Sure we will be there!

As he pressed send he turned around as he went to positioned himself on his boyfriends lap.
Max who had been mindlessly scrolling through Instagram looked up surprise to look at a smirking Monegask.
'So that leaves us for 40 minutes of quality time if we then take a quick shower after' he winked
The dutchman could only reply 'I like the way you think' before their lips were in a fierce battle for dominance.

After exactly an hour the couple appeared in the restaurant of their hotel to meet their colleagues/friends for breakfast.

Alex, Lando and Sebastian were already sitting at the table as the couple appeared. 'Well that only confirms my suspicions!' Alex said loudly as he pointed to the Max and then at his own neck.
Max was quick to pull the strings of his hoodie to cover up his neck. As he replied. 'No mate that's just a mosquito bite' the boys at the table as well as Daniel and Pierre who appeared from behind them started laughing out loud as Charles just pinched the bridge at his nose. Maybe Max was also a little stupid after all.

'Mosquito in the winter?' Lando laughed trough his tears as Pierre chimed in. 'Yeah don't you know Lando?' He smirked. 'They come in about this hight' as he motioned the height of Charles. 'And they have a French accent and drive in flipping cool Ferrari's' at that the group erupted in laughter again. The couple turning bright red before giving in to the laughter as well.

As they all cooled down a little and had gotten  something to eat they sat down and started in a conversation. As Alex obviously wanted to know more being the only one at the table who just found out they eased in to a nice conversation before they all took of for home and their respective holidays.