Here goes nothing

Charles was playing with Max's fingers his head on the Dutchman's lap. He could sense his nervousness. In half an hour Max's mother and sister would be here. They were visiting him the week before they would leave for Australia, the start of their first season both in f1. Max had told them he wanted them to meet someone without giving away to much details over the phone. His sister Vic had been texting him non stop do the last month teasing him about it, asking him about who this special person could be.

They were shaken out of their thoughts when they heard the doorbell ring. 'Well here goes nothing' Max said while he stood up holding his hand out to Charles to come with him.
Max opened the door and was immediately hugged thight by his mother and sister. 'Lieverd wat heb ik jou gemist' (honey, how I've missed you) His mother said. Charles smiled, just looking at the beautiful bond Max shared with his mother and sister.
'Nou is ons levende misterie er al? Ik ben zo benieuwd ze te ontmoeten' (so, is our living mistery already here? I'm so excited to meet them) his sister asked excitedly looking around trying to peek in to the living room. Not yet having spotted Charles standing in the corner cause Max was much taller then her and blocking her view.
'Well yeah uh...Um' he stumbled over his words stepping back a bit reaching his hand behind him holding it out for Charles to grab it. When he felt that Charles had grabbed it and gave a reassuring squeeze he continued. 'This is my... my.. Charles' he said. Not daring to look up. Afraid of their reaction. But before his mind could even begin to spiral. They were both wrapped in to a thight hug with his mum and sister. 'Ik ben zo trots op je Max' 'ik hou van jou altijd' (I'm so proud of you Max. I love you always) floating in the air. They all cried. Max of relieve, His mum and sister cause of how proud they are. And Charles out off happiness for the man he loved. Who he so desperately hoped for to have a good memory for his coming out. That the boy would feel as loved unconditionally as he was.
When the tears died down they all pulled apart. And Charles now properly introduced himself to Victoria and Sophie. Obviously they had met before but that was when Charles was still rocking his long fringe and him and Max weren't really on the best terms with each other.

It was now a couple of hours later. They had talked in the living room. Answered all there questions about how they got together, who knew about them  and how they were planning to work around their relationship with the season starting rather soon and them obviously having decided to keep things under wraps. After that they are dinner in the kitchen. Max and Charles had prepared the meal together and it actually turned out pretty decent. Max's mum and sister had told them. After that they had some drinks before they decided on plans for tomorrow. Max and Charles had decided beforehand that he wouldn't stay over giving Max some quality time with his mother and sister who he didn't see that often. But they insisted that he would join them again tomorrow when they were going out for dinner. So they obviously complied. Charles said his goodbyes to Victoria and Sophie before he gathered his things and putting on his coat. Max following him closely behind. They said their goodbyes and shared a loving meaningful kiss. 'I love you' Charles murmured before he gave Max's lips one last peck and his signature wink as he openend the door.

But before he could make his way down the hallway toward the elevator Max grabbed his wrist 'Charles wait' he said. Charles now turning back facing Max. Staring into his boyfriend beautiful eyes, blue as the Monaco sea lit by the moon. Max looked around quickly before he rested his palms on opposite sides of Charles chest holding on to his jacket. 'I wanted to thank you Charlie, thank you for doing this with me and being in it with me every step of the way' Charles smiled back at his boyfriend. 'For you I would do it anytime Mon Chou' he now wrapped is own hands behind Max's neck. 'I wouldn't want to do this with anybody else then you schatje, I love you so, so much!' Max said now pulling his boyfriend closer by his jacket, closing the distance between them. Their foreheads now touching Feeling a little bit more brave after how today had went. 'I love you too' Charles breathed out before he closed the distance between them. Their kiss was short but deep and full of emotion. They stood their for a little while wrapped up in their embrace. Their heads resting on each other's shoulder listening to the others steady breaths just lingering in the moment with their eyes closed rubbing soothing circles in the others back.
Before they quickly turned their heads eyes wide when they heared an all to familiar and angry voice say.

'WHAT THE FUCK!'