Belgium 2019

Before you start this Chapter, be reminded that this is about spa 2019, the crash so please don't read it if you don't like it or are triggered by it.

August 31 2019 , 17.07 p.m. a deafening silence fell over the track in Spa. The crowd went silent. The drivers in post qualifying media went silent. The world of motorsport and the world around them went silent.

This was a crash that they all hadn't seen in years, the one that made each stomach twist and turn. Only the sound of sirenes filled the track, further more there was only silence.

Charles was in the post qualifying meeting with his team when all of a sudden they heard the sirenes. Wanting to know screens were started up to find out what happend. The moment Charles saw what happend he felt the air knocked out of his lungs. He wasn't stupid, he knew what the deafening silence meant.

Ferrari was quick to cancel their meeting, and now there was just Charles sitting in the room, alone, staring in front of him , not being able to move.  That's when he heard some arguing from behind the door. 'You can't be here, why are you even here?!' He heard one of Sebastian's engineers say. 'Just let me through, he needs someone they are friends!!' he heard Max now say annoyed but caring to the Ferrari employee. This seemed to get through to the engineer who opened the door to the conference room for the dutchman while he sighed 'okay' 'Thankyou' Max replied before he quickly went to sit beside Charles and put an arm around him.
'I'm here baby, let it out' he just whispered in his ear, and in that moment Charles broke down his walls and started crying in Max's arms. Max just sat there and hushed loving words in the air as he slowly rocked the Monegask in his arms.

When Charles sobs died down a little he looked up at Max. 'But what are you doing here love?, what if they see you?' Max wiped his thumb on Charles's cheek to whipe away some tears. 'Lief, you need someone and I'm your Boyfriend and I'm not leaving you alone like this, not right now, I love you!' At that Charles only produced more tears. 'I love you to!' He said as he clung on to Max.

Unbeknownst to both Boy's ,Sebastian had entered to conference room wanting to see how his younger team mate was doing knowing that Charles was friends with Anthoine. When he saw Max and Charles seated together in the others embrace he was a little shocked but when He overheard the last past of their conversation he decided to leave them be. Which was good timing cause some Ferrari staff member wanted to enter the room as he just came out of the room. 'You can't go in there!' The German told his colleague. 'Why not?' The man has asked. 'Charles is in there, he needs a moment' Sebastian said sternly at his colleague. He seemed to understand so nodded and said goodbye to Sebastian. Sebastian decided to guard the door until the ones occupying it where ready.

Inside the room Charles was clutching on to Max when he realized. 'I need to go to Pierre Max!' Charles thought about his friend. 'Of course love, I'll bring you'
Max texted some people to find out where Pierre was so he could escort Charles there as unseen as possible, given that his also got pole today he just wanted to make sure no media was bothering him right now.
After some texting back and forth he found out that Pierre was at the hotel. 'He is at the hotel lief, common I'll drive you' Max said as he slung his arm around his boyfriend and placed a kiss on his head. 'But, but Maxy.... What if they see us?' Charles stammered. 'I don't care Charly, you are in no condition to drive and you are more important. He said sincerely so Charles couldn't protest at that. So he followed Max out of the room that's when they saw Sebastian in front of the door. Both looked like a deer caught in headlights. Sebastian just replied with : ' come let's get you guys out of here, I know a back route' the couple stared questioning at the other before they decided to just follow the German driver.
As they reached the parking lot Seb gave them a pair of car keys of a Volkswagen polo. 'Take this one, we will trade back tomorrow' he said before he took off. The couple went to sit in the car and looked dumbfounded at the other. 'What just happend?' Charles exclaimed. 'I don't know love, but let's not worry about that now, let's go to the hotel' Max said as he drove off.