Part 13.1

Chapter 13.1
"Blut und Eisen?" Nero had no clue what those words meant. He took a peek at the inside of the building from a window: it looked like another cafe. But it was very different from the Royal Navy's location: the color scheme was basically the opposite. The walls were black and the tables and chairs were red.
"Black and red, interesting... Hold on... Black and red..."
Nero remembered what Roon told him hours ago: black and red were typical colors in the Iron Blood.
"Could this be... A german pub, perhaps? That piques my interest. Since I live in the Iron Blood dormitory, I should enter this place at least once."
Nero opened the doors and his nostrils immediately recognized the smell of alcohol. A blonde woman noticed him from behind the counter, and shortly after he noticed her too.
"Who's that? I assume she's a bartender..." Nero approached the counter: "Hello, I'm Nero and I'm new here. May I know your name?"
The woman replied: "My name is Bismarck. You're Roon's roommate."
"How does she know..? Have we already met somewhere?"
"Well, nice to meet you! And yes, I am her roommate. Could you tell me what this place is exactly? Is it a pub?"
Bismarck nodded: "Correct. You don't look like an adult, so I don't think this place is appropriate for you..."

"You make it sound like this place is dangerous for kids, Bismarck. It's just a pub, why would it be inappropriate for him? He must be in his late teens, let him stay!" A familiar figure walked next to Nero.
"Prinz Eugen??" He turned to her.
"Please don't call me by my full name, it makes me feel uncomfortably important. 'Eugen' itself is fine."
"Wait, what's with that uniform? Do you work here?" Nero noticed that Eugen wasn't wearing her usual outfit; her clothes suggested him that she was a waitress.
"Yes, she works here, but during the night she comes here just to get drunk." Bismarck answered in Eugen's stead.
"Are you blaming me for that?" Eugen asked.
"Yes, since you're the commander's secretary and you waste your time here instead of doing your job."
"The commander always tells me that he can manage the job by himself, I'm not required in his office."
"You should know him more than anyone else. He says that because he'd feel bad for you."

Bismarck and Eugen continued arguing as Nero watched.
"Uuuh, ladies, there's no need to take it so seriously..." He attempted to stop them.
Bismarck sighed: "Just go back to work, Eugen."
"Aye aye captain. But before I go, why don't you let Nero stay? I'm not saying he has to drink anything, but y'know, I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy the atmosphere here. Plus, he's still settling in, it could be an occasion for him to meet new people."
Bismarck remained quiet as she meditated about it.
"Fine... He can stay, as long as you'll keep an eye on him constantly." -Bismarck's blue eyes were set on him- "I don't want anything bad happening to him."
Nero looked in her eyes. He'd never seen her smile.
"Hm... If you care so much about him, why don't you watch over him? I've got tables to serve, y'know?" Eugen tried to not take responsibility for him, since she didn't like responsibilities.
Bismarck agreed: "You're right. Aside from the fact you have to work, entrusting him to you would be a mistake."
"Thank you for believing in me, Bismarck, I appreciate it." said Eugen in a sarcastic tone before going back to her job.

Nero felt like a burden for Bismarck at this point.
"... Honestly, I changed my mind. Thank you for your kindness, Bismarck, but I don't want to distract you from your job... It's best if I leave."
He turned to the doors, but as he was about to start walking towards them, Bismarck grabbed his arm.
"You don't have to worry. I have to admit Eugen was right. It would be better for you if you got to know more people. Plus, I saw you were watching the girls as they chatted while me and Eugen argued, and you looked very curious. You'd like to approach them, right?"
Narrator Perspective end;
Nero Perspective:
I turned around and I saw her smile for the first time. And if I have to be completely honest, her smile is the most beautiful I've ever seen. And knowing that smile was directed to me, I couldn't help but blush.
"... You're not wrong..." I said.
"I can introduce you to them, if you want."
"Sure... I appreciate it." I smiled back.
Thus, Bismarck took my hand and she accompanied me to the dining area.
Nero Perspective end;
Narrator Perspective:
"There's a group of girls who would actually like to meet you." Bismarck explained as they walked.
"Really..? Why?" He asked.
"They're curious about you. You're the first male KANSEN in history, so it's natural for us to feel curious. Anyway, those girls are here right now, so let's look for them."
It took Bismarck a minute to find the group. She approached their table with Nero.
As soon as one of the girls saw Nero, her expression lit up. The other girls in the group saw him as well.
Bismarck introduced Nero to the girls and she stayed with them for a while. After making sure that the group was nice to him, she went back to work.
Nero learned all their names: Prinz Heinrich, Prinz Adalbert and Magdeburg. The first two were sisters too. All of them were very nice to him and they made him feel involved with their conversations.
At one point, Nero felt like he needed to ask them a particular question.
"Girls, can I ask you something? I want you to be as honest as possible."
The trio heard him out.
"Do you fear Roon?"