Part 8.1

Chapter 8.1
Mikasa and Nero eventually reached his classroom, which was on the first floor, on the main hallway's right. Nero thanked Mikasa multiple times before she left.
He was a little scared to open that door, and he even regretted finding his classroom: there were only girls, and he never had positive experiences with them, especially at school. Most girls he met at school either ignored him or were rude to him; through his entire school career there had been few exceptions, so overall, he did not like girls very much. After a minute of hesitation and reflection, he finally decided to open the door...
His classroom was quite spacious, with four rows containing six desks each, and since according to maths six times four equals to twenty-four, there were twenty-four desks. Twenty-four students. And twenty-three of them were girls. Some of the seats were not taken, they most likely belonged to absent students or latecomers.
"New student, you're late." a woman with green hair (non sense hair color part 2) and red eyes which was sitting at the teacher's desk spoke those words.
"I'm sorry for the delay... The alarm didn't go off.." he said while scratching the back of his head and hoping that his excuse would work.
His classmates were all looking at him. Some of the girls sitting at the back rows giggled and mumbled.
"I wonder what kind of jokes they're making about me..." he thought. But he was used to it: during his middle school years there were even times when girls approached him just to make fun of him. He was in an enemy territory all by himself. He already couldn't wait to get out of there.
"... Sit down anywhere." said the teacher.
"Anywhere? Uh, isn't each student assigned to a specific desk..?"
"That isn't the case here."
Nero scanned the rows of desks, and he eventually found what he was looking for: a free desk in the corner at the farthest row from the teacher's desk. To his relief, the last row was empty as well. He had found the perfect spot, which was the first nice thing that happened to him in that school.
He slowly walked to it, while feeling the gazes of his classmates on him. He sat down to the desk he chose and stared down at it.
"How about you tell us something about you?" the teacher asked.
"You wouldn't care...". It took him a couple of seconds to realize what he just said.
"I MEAN-" he stood up immediately after his realization. "My name is Nero! And... uh... that's the only interesting fact about myself.." and he sat back down.
The girls who were paying attention to him had amused grins on their faces, as if they were holding back from laughing. Nero looked away from them.
"There has to be something else! For example, what's your favorite school subject?" the teacher asked.
"... I hate school." That was the most sincere answer he could give. School had been nothing but an annoyance to him throughout his career as a student.
"Oh... Well, do you have any particular passion?"
"No, I don't." That's what he said, but his passions were actually videogames and anime. However, he knew he couldn't say that. Not in a hostile ground.
"Well, keep your secrets then." The teacher shrugged. "Alright, class! As you know, this is your art class. However, today we won't study about the classical, beautiful italian paintings. We will do a different activity. For today's lesson..." she took some paper sheets "I ask you to draw your biggest fear!"
All the students were enthusiastic about that idea, except Nero. He remained completely indifferent, and he quietly watched the whole class from his corner.
The teacher distributed the sheets. "You may begin!"
All the students started drawing on their sheets. Nero pondered what he could draw.
"... You know what? I already embarrassed myself so much, who cares anymore." And he started drawing the symbol for the female gender.

That's right

That's right. The female gender had always been his fear. By drawing that symbol, he could get done with his work quickly and be honest at the same time. When he was finished, he placed his pencil on his desk and started dozing out. Roon came to his mind. He wondered how she was doing, and what she was learning about. And he envied her situation: he really wished he had a private teacher too, so he wouldn't have to spend half of his day in a place he despised.
Several minutes had passed.
"Nero? You've already finished?" the teacher stood in front of his desk.
"Huh? Oh, uh... Yeah.."
She looked at his drawing. "You better overcome this fear of yours, or else your days here will be always scary."
"I'll try..."
The class was about to end, so the teacher collected the different drawings and showed them one by one to the class. Many of the drawings represented those famous woods, others depicted Roon. And when the teacher showed Nero's drawing, needless to say, the whole class started laughing soundly, except Nero, of course.
After that, the bell rang, and the teacher left the classroom. The first class was over.
Chapter 8.1 end
Littorio (the teacher)

1 endLittorio (the teacher)