Part 1

The Azur Lane Academy. A place where girls from different nations study to become excellent warships. What I just said may sound very weird, so I'll give you some context: the Azur Lane is an international alliance between the most powerful nations of the world, It was born to defend the planet from the assault of the Sirens, mysterious intelligent creatures; little is known about them: nobody knows where they come from, or what is the purpose they serve; why did they attack the Earth, or if they are the aliens humanity theorized about centuries ago. All that is known is that they're not friendly, and that they aim to conquering the Earth, or simply to destroying humanity for pure enjoyment. Whatever their purpose is, different nations from all around the world decided to join forces in order to defeat the threat: the AZUR LANE was since formed. The main nations who took part in the alliance were Germany, USA, Japan, UK and USSR, followed by Italy, France and the Republic of China. After successfully defeating the Sirens in a long and exhausting battle, the Azur Lane decided to stay united; they built an international academy where KANSENs could study and train, awaiting a new assault from the Sirens. But since that first terrible battle, the Sirens never came back. So the world was in peace, but the Azur Lane decided not to drop their guard and keep the Academy active. But now, what's a KANSEN? To put it simply, a KANSEN is an artificial humanoid being created using a Wisdom Cube; these creatures are sentient and intelligent, and they are able to have feelings, just like a normal human. The main difference is that these creatures possess special naval equipment, mainly cannons and torpedoes, for this reason they're commonly called "Shipgirls" (because they are exclusively female).

After this brief introduction to the world of Azur Lane, it's time to start with the fanfiction story. It is not canon to the game/anime, and naturally I do not own any of the characters appearing in this work.

Chapter 1
It was a usual sunny day at the Azur Lane Academy. Due to the Academy being built on an island, there was a constant, pleasant sea breeze. The Commander was standing out of the Academy, on the shore, gazing at the horizon. There was an interesting newcomer arriving at the Academy that day, so the Commander was waiting for them. After a couple of minutes of waiting, a boat started becoming visible from the shore: it was approaching. The Commander knew who was on that boat, and he waved at it. The person on the boat waved back.
The boat finally arrived at the shore. "Welcome to the Academy. I'm the current commander of the Azur Lane, Daniel. What's your name?" These were the first words the commander told them. The newcomer replied: "My name is Nero. I'll do my best here in this academy!"
"You're the first male Kansen in history, huh? You might have a hard time here. It's just girls." the Commander warned him about this aspect. Nero answered: "Isn't that better?" "Heh, I like the way you think." said Daniel before shaking his hand. "So, am I getting a tour of the place?" Nero asked. "Naturally. You wanna get inside the Academy and wander in it till you get lost?" said Daniel before laughing. " Sounds fun." Nero answered.
"Anyway, Z23 will guide you throughout the building today." Daniel said. "Greetings, I'm Z23, a destroyer of the Iron Blood. Please follow me." Z23 walked towards them. Nero stepped forward to her, and before following her, he whispered to Daniel: "Quite the cuties you have here, huh?" "Heh, yeah. Too bad they're weapons." Daniel whispered back, before walking back in.
Z23 guided Nero in the building.
"That place is beyond big..!" said Nero once he was out of the academy with Z23. "That was only the Academy; there are also dormitories, one for each nation. I guess you belong to the USA dormitory?" "Correct."
"My job here is finished. I hope you enjoy your stay in the academy." After saying this, Z23 went to the German dormitory.
"... Oh heck yeah, a place full of cute girls! I'm gonna enjoy this place veeery much, I just know it!" Nero entered the USA dormitory.