Part 3

Chapter 3
Daniel started explaining. "Most KANSENSs are born from 'Wisdom Cubes', which are the most important organ of a KANSEN. This cube gives them their weapons, which they use to fight, naturally. But some KANSENs undergo a different procedure, called 'Research'. Specifically, this research consists into collecting battle data from other existing KANSENs, and the equipment of a Research ship is created using multiple Wisdom Cubes. For these reasons, constructing a Research ship is very expensive, but the results are worth it: thanks to this process it is possible to create very powerful KANSENs, which can have a decisive role during battles. You will be staying with one of these Research ships."
"Basically, they're shipgirls but stronger?" asked Nero.
"Yeah, that's the recap pretty much."
"Oh. That's it?"
"Of course not."
"What do you have to warn me about then?"
"As I told you earlier, this one Research KANSEN is particular. She can sometimes be a dangerous threat, for that reason she is kept in her room most of the time. You can say she's contained in there."
"... Isn't that a bit cruel?"
"It is, but it's safer to leave her in there. She agreed to it herself."
"Ah... So, I'm gonna stay with a dangerous and psychopatic girl? Is that what you're trying to tell me?"
"Yes."
"Is she cute at least..?"
"I mean, beauty is subjective, but she is cute in my opinion."
"Oh at least she's cute, the only good thing to know about this 'sharing' thing. I can't say I'm excited about risking my life in a small room, but I'll take it."
"You won't be risking anything, as long as you watch your mouth."
"Yeah yeah, thanks for the advice... So, can I see this room?"
"Sure."
"Where is it?"
"I'll take you there." after saying that, Daniel opened the door of the USA dormitory. "Let's go."

The only two males in the academy walked out of the USA dormitory. They strolled through the paths of the academy quietly, until Nero spoke.
"Hey, commander, I've been thinking about how human these girls act and look... Are they really artificial?"
"It may sound like a lie, but they are indeed artificial. These cubes really are incredible, I know. At first, I was also shocked about how natural they act. So i understand your doubts. But trust me, they're 100% artificial."
"I see..."
They kept walking until they reached the entrance of the german dormitory. The commander opened the door.
"Here we are."
Nero looked around. It was the same big room as the USA dormitory, except the colors were different: the main colors in the room were red and black. "Nice colors." Nero commented.
"Yeah, the colors are nice, but the flag they were used in isn't."
"Which flag?"
"The n*zi flag." [censoring just in case]
"... Oh. Why did you choose those colors then?"
"It's because the Azur Lane was born during the Second World War. Since then, the KANSENs haven't changed, so they belong to the Kriegsmarine, the german navy during WW2. But don't worry, that man is dead and they forgot about him."
"That man...?"
"You know who I'm talking about."
"Uuuh... Oh, oh I understand."
"The name was changed to 'Iron Blood' later on."
The Commander approached one of the walls.
"What are you doing?" asked Nero.
The Commander used a doorknob attached to this wall.
"A doorknob on a wall?? What?" Nero was very confused.
But then, a secret passage opened. Behind the wall was a hallway, with a door at the end of it.
"The room is right there." the Commander pointed at the door, then he walked out.
"... How dangerous is this girl??" he thought to himself, before walking through the hallway. He opened the door.
Chapter 3 end [chapter 3.1 soon]