ARC III Part 1 (Continued)

"... Big trouble? Do you mean that I accidentally woke everyone up? Uh, I'm sorry about that, girls!" Nero tried to apologize to the upset crowd, but to no avail. They kept staring at him contemptuously.
"No, it's much worse than that..." Bismarck said while Musashi approached Nero.
"As far as I know" she began speaking, "You arrived here with Bismarck and attacked one of our ships. And not just a ship like any other, but Akagi herself. She is the flagship of the navy's 1st Air Fleet, therefore holding a very important position in the Imperial Japanese Navy. What you've just done could be interpreted as a grave offense."
"And as if that isn't enough, you're an American ship... For historical reasons, that aggravates your situation even further, Nero..." Bismarck commented.
"Woah woah woah! If you think I'm some sort of nostalgic nationalist, you've got it all wrong! She threatened to attack me first, I hurt her in my defense!" Nero clarified once he'd understood the kind of trouble he could get in.
"Akagi is an aircraft carrier... You didn't need to overdo it and should've resolved the matter peacefully. Not only have you come here uninvited and unexpected, but you've also interrupted everyone's sleep and injured one of our most illustrious carriers." Musashi looked at him strictly, but without any contempt, whereas the crowd was furious and indignant; one girl in particular distinguished herself for her disdain as she approached our protagonist.
"You... I've always known you were an asshole!" Kaga yelled at him.
"Kaga..! Look, I swear I...!" He couldn't even finish speaking when Kaga suddenly gripped his wrist tightly and dragged him into the cherry tree forest. Nobody had the time to stop her.

"Where are you taking me?! Please, let me explain everything..!" Nero tried to calm her down, but she totally ignored him and kept walking hastily. Nero was confused and scared of where they were going and what she would do to him; his fear increased even more as soon as he could see a small pond and a house in front of it: they were going to her house, where Amagi also lived.
"Y-you'll tell Amagi?! You don't need to..! Don't turn her against me as well, I'm begging you..!" He implored her as she dragged him closer to the front door with her. Once they were standing before it, she let go of his wrist and looked at him with a less contemptuous face than he thought.
"Can you be quiet..? I'm trying to help you out, moron..." She told him with an annoyed voice tone. Nero stood still and silent for a couple of seconds, which he needed to understand the reason behind her intervention: she pretended to be furious so that she could drag him away from the scene without being suspected of complicity.
"... Kaga!!" He suddenly hugged her very tightly, "You're literally my guardian angel! It's the second time you've saved my skin..!"
"Gh..! Let me go, idiot..!" She tried to shake him off, but in the end his embrace was so tight that she stopped resisting.
"Even though you hate me, you've always helped me out... I could never thank you enough..!"
"I never said I hate you, imbecile... I know Akagi better than you, and I also know you're not a bad person... She certainly tried to hurt you and you logically reacted in self-defense..."
"You're the only one who understands me on this island!!" He hugged her even tighter and shed some tears of happiness and relief due to her words, which sounded reassuring and kind to him.
"... Yeah, I guess... I just did what I thought was the right thing... I know you don't have any blame into this..."
A couple of minutes later he was finally finished hugging her.
"Hmph, took you long enough. Let's go inside now." She urged him to enter after doing so herself.

Fortunately, Amagi hadn't woken up and the house was completely silent, but also dark due to the fact the lights were off. Kaga was waiting for him next to the light switch, but she didn't turn the lights on in order to be as stealthy as possible.
"You're not turning on the lights..?" Nero whispered, as he found it difficult to navigate the house blindly since he had only been there once; the situation was different for Kaga, who knew that building by heart and didn't need much visibility to find her way around.
"We don't need to, you can just stay right behind me." She whispered in reply.
"Since your room is upstairs, I need to watch my step properly, though... Don't worry, we'll turn the lights back off as soon as we're upstairs." He whispered again as he began to brush against the wall with his hand in an attempt to locate the switch. Before Kaga could stop him, his hand ventured onto the wrong place.
"... Wait, what's this..?" He began fondling the mysterious soft surface he had found accidentally as he tried to identify it; when he eventually did, it was too late.
"WAIT FUCK!!" He thought as he immediately withdrew his hand.
"... You moron..." She mumbled embarrassedly before turning her back to him, "Now don't worry about this, just forget it and follow me." She grabbed his wrist once again and slowly guided him throughout the living room.
"Thank you for understanding, Kaga... I appreciate it a lot.." He whispered as they moved towards the stairs step by step.
"Who do you take me for? One of those overly naive girls who are always ready to misunderstand every incident such as this? Plus, we cannot make any noise now. So focus on where you set your feet."
Slowly but surely, they made their way up the stairs and finally reached the upper floor.
"There, the hardest part is over. Let's talk about this unpleasant situation in my room." She opened the door to her room and they walked into it.