CHANGE OF PLANS + ARC 0

Yeeeaaaah.... Remember when I said just one day ago that this story would be put on hiatus? Well, in that part I also said I absolutely hate planning stuff. In short, Arc III will PROBABLY (keep this key word in mind) not begin until June or the end of May: to say it better, it will not begin until I manage to get my studies out of the way. This implies that I might be less busy even before June. Still, since I will not be studying 24/7 (luckily) eventually I can find a gap in my routine to dedicate to this mess of a fanfiction which I love nonetheless. DO NOT EXPECT A RAPID DEVELOPMENT BEFORE JUNE. And most importantly, during this month the fanfiction will not continue forward; rather, it will be going backward, chronologically. The chapters will be SIGNIFICANTLY SHORTER (I will not have time to write a chapter as lengthy as Arc II Chapter 10 Continued, for example) and I will basically use this unavailability of time to introduce a microarc which will be completely based on flashbacks. Without further ado, let me begin with...

ARC 0
It was a particularly obscure period for the Azur Lane when Daniel's father was in charge. He'd had an excellent career in naval studies and he dedicated almost his entire life to them. He had proven to be extremely intelligent since primary school: he was the object of continuous praise by his teachers. He could read and write flawlessly ever since the first year of primary school and he was able to understand mathematics without any difficulty. He was very introverted: he rarely talked to his classmates and had no friends. He spent his entire time in primary school without making any bonds with anyone, and all he was focused on was studying. By the time he had entered middle school, he was fluent in english and italian (the latter was his first language) and he had already been showing great interest in naval engineering. Aside from conducting his studies in middle school effortlessly, he dedicated the rest of his time to studying geography, history (particularly from 1860) and the basics of naval engineering. Once he was finished with middle school, he already had clear plans for his future and, without a doubt, he enrolled in nautical school. Thanks to the preliminary studies he had conducted beforehand, he distinguished himself greatly and studied hard to be a qualified admiral. But not the admiral of his national navy: he wanted to become the commander of the Azur Lane. The principal of his nautical school himself had recognized his impeccable knowledge and passion. The best students in nautical schools had the chance of participating in official contests organized by the Azur Lane itself, and the winner would become the successor of the commander in charge. Daniel's father could not let that chance slide, so at the end of his naval studies, as soon as he had the chance, he partook in that contest, which was held once every 10 years. Even though there were other skilled students in that contest, they were no match for him.

And so, the day he had been waiting for since he entered middle school finally came. He became commander of the Azur Lane at 27 years old: he was one of the youngest commanders to enter service. But his plan had only just begun. He didn't simply want to be the commander of the Azur Lane. He wanted to turn that alliance into his property.

To do that, the only thing he had to do was to make sure that the title of Commander would become hereditary: however, the concept of heritage was clearly against the ideals of democracy of the Azur Lane. Therefore, he needed to cheat the system and make sure that the title would be apparently elective, but hereditary de facto. And he did not intend to resort to unreliable and unsafe methods such as corruption. He needed a completely legal method.

He had three ideas in mind:
1. Have/Adopt a child and educate him to naval studies since birth;
2. Discourage other aspirant commanders from trying to obtain the title;
3. Artificially create a KANSEN, educate them to naval studies and force them to inherit the title.

In the end, he decided to merge the three ideas into a single one: he'd marry a woman, secretly create an extremely powerful KANSEN, educate it to naval studies and discourage other candidates. His sick plan was complete: it was time to execute it.

Luckily for him, finding a woman to marry was not an issue. There was a girl in his classroom at the nautical school who was very passionate about naval studies like him, and she was the first friend he had ever had. She had always seen him as an example to follow and admired him. And although it might be hard to believe, he genuinely loved her... but his plan was his top priority, and she would not stop him. When he confessed his love to her, shortly after the beginning of his mandate, she accepted his feelings and had a healthy relationship with him. Only two years later they got married, and since she was very talented in naval engineering, she would later become the leader of that secret project: Project M.

Before he told her about the project, she would have loved to have a child with him. But during a peaceful and surprisingly non-violent discussion about the topic, he explained that he was too busy to take care of a "normal" child, and used that as an excuse to convince his wife to create a special KANSEN and adopt it. Although she was a little sad because of that, she did not want to be an obstacle for him and thought that since she would be the main contributor to that project, it would still count as her creation.

Therefore, Project M had officially begun and it was conducted in great secret. The team of scientists and engineers made a very particular process: while the engineers planned a super battleship to bring to life with a Wisdom Cube, the scientists tampered with the Cube in question in order to subtract an enormous amount of energy from it: as soon as the Wisdom Cube would be used to bring Project M to life in human form, it would begin regenerating the energy it had lost slowly. In fact, the scientists believed that by subtracting energy from the Cube, it would not be able to generate an adult human's body and it would create a child's body instead.

The completion of Project M took several months and once it was finally complete, the engineers transferred the data in the digital blueprints of the project into the inhibited Cube. The result, as the scientists thought, was a child that looked 6 years old. Daniel's father was glad about the success of the project and his wife was very happy. Even though the child could already speak and had a basic generic knowledge, his mom still loved him wholeheartedly and treated him as her own son. She named him "Daniel". But little did she know, her husband would begin revealing his true colors soon after...