Part 9

Chapter 9
Nothing remarkable happened during that night: Nero simply roamed around the different rooms until 11 PM, after that he laid down and fell asleep.
He woke up at 6 AM. He slept on a gym mattress in the Academy, but when he woke up he was in a completely different place: as soon as he opened his eyes, he recognized Roon's room.
"What happened..?" he slowly sat up.
"I was worried for you... Do you like sleeping on gym mattresses..?"
Nero turned to the direction of the voice.
"Oh... Hi Roon... I'm sorry if I made you worry, but I kinda overslept in my classroom and... I couldn't get out of school in time..."
She hugged him. "Try not to suddenly disappear anymore, alright?"
The hug surprised him; he smiled and hugged her back. "Alright. Anyway, what time is it?"
"Now it's 10:17 AM" She said after checking her phone.
As soon as she finished speaking, Nero got out of his bed, with the intention of rushing to school, but Roon grabbed his shoulder: "You mustn't go to the academy today. The commander told me to inform you that you're going to have private lessons along with me."
Nero was surprised. He totally didn't expect something like that, but he was very glad about it.
"This decision is only temporary though." she continued.
Nero's joy decreased a bit. "Well, I hope I'll have private lessons for a very long time. Honestly, the first day at the academy sucked completely."
"Was it so bad?" she asked.
"Yes. Very bad."
"Did you perhaps... get bullied..?"
"... Kinda."
Roon's expression darkened. "Do you know who bullied you?"
"I don't know their names. And I honestly don't care. All I know is, they were three girls. Where they're from and who they are doesn't matter to me. I don't want to have anything to do with them ever again. Anyway, when are our lessons starting?"
"Our lessons start at 10:30, there are 10 minutes left until their beginning."
"Who's the teacher?"
"I already told you yesterday."
"Oh, right, uuh... Fried Rice, was it..?"
Roon laughed soundly at Nero's words. "Fried rice?? Was that a pun or were you actually serious??" and she kept laughing.
"I was serious.."
"Of course it isn't fried rice! It's Friedrich!"
"Well, I'm sorry that I can't remember foreign names.."
The door suddenly opened as they spoke.
The person Nero saw at the doorway made his jaw drop.
"Those booOOOTS sure look great..! Hahaha!" he exclaimed. "What the hell was I about to say..."
Roon was about to smack the back of his head, but she stopped in time.
The woman standing at the doorway was very tall, she had long, black hair and a pair of yellow eyes.
"Good morning Friedrich." Roon greeted the teacher.
"Uh, good morning.." Nero followed.
"Good morning to you too. Your name is Nero, right?" Friedrich asked, looking at him.
"Yes, that's my name."
"Has Roon caused you any trouble?"
"She hasn't, as far as I recall. I think we actually get along with each other quite well."
"That's good to know. Let me introduce myself properly: I'm Friedrich, and I'll be your teacher until the commander decides to make you go to school again."
"At this point, I hope I'll attend these private lessons forever." he thought. "I'm under your care then. Which subjects will you teach us?"
"All of them, except latin."
"Thank God..." he thought, as soon as he heard that.
"... Wait, who will teach me latin then..?"
"I don't know, you should ask the commander."
"I hope nobody will."
"Roon, today I'll have to dedicate a part of our time to Nero, since I'm pretty sure he hasn't been properly instructed about Sirens." said Friedrich.
"That's not a problem. On the other hand, he needs to know what our enemy is, so it's very important that you teach him something about them." said Roon in response.
"Wait, so I'll actually learn something useful? I'm looking forward to this lesson!" he exclaimed.
Friedrich smiled, glad to see that her student was enthusiastic about the topic. "I can tell you don't enjoy school very much, don't you?"
"Who does?" he asked rhetorically.
"I'd like to go to school..." said Roon, sighing afterwards.
"You'll be able to go there one day. Be patient." said Friedrich before caressing her hair and smiling at her.
"Uh... This question might seem out of place to you, but are you a mother..?" asked Nero to his teacher. "I mean... You really act like a good mother would... Uuh... I should be quiet more often."
"I'm not, but being one wouldn't be so bad. But let's follow our schedule and get started with the lesson about Sirens. Nero, you may take notes if you wish, and if you don't want to, it's sufficient that you remember the things I'll talk about."
Nero grabbed his school bag and pulled out a notebook and a pen. "I can't allow myself to forget this lesson."
Friedrich smiled at his determination and started explaining.
In short, there are mass-produced Sirens and humanoid Sirens. The mass-produced ones split into different categories, although the mass-produced Sirens aren't as important as the humanoid ones. The humanoids have a hierarchy, and at the top of it there are Arbiters and Enforcers: these two types are very powerful. But the most important information about these beings is that they are all evil.
"Are there any points which aren't clear to you?" asked Friedrich once she was done explaining.
"Nope, all clear!" Nero replied.
"Excellent! After this brief introduction, we can begin our lessons."
And so they began.
Chapter 9 end
I don't think I need to tell you why I haven't updated in so long. It's always for the same reason. (This story sucks either way so it's not a big deal if I take my time.)
Anyways, new fellows have appeared!
Friedrich der Große

)Anyways, new fellows have appeared!Friedrich der Große