♆ The Truth Behind Archangel Gabriel's Fall - [Malphas]

author's note: woahhhh I updated early — it is early for me! Hahaha! Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading this story. I thought I'd get bored of this but I have this raging ideas that are threatening to explode if I don't write it. SO SO I hope you guys will enjoy this one! We're revealing a few pieces of secrets here hehe ;)

oh, and oh! thanks to the lovely Louise for this wonderful cover she made for this story!

Happy reading! :)

if you'd like to submit any fan arts, tweet me up on twitter: @NicAthena and I'll post it on my next update and dedicate the chapter to you. :)

-unedited

- athena

♒    ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒ 

 Malphas had his abyss black wings spread out wide as he flew around the sharp edge of the dome. The shards of glass and debris were continually falling, as if a never-ending torture. The whole place would have looked gory if there were any demons left inside since the fallen pieces were the sharpest kind of rain that Malphas had seen; a glorifying crystalline shower with different specters of colors and lighting that would have made everyone speechless. Who would have thought Lucifer's dusky, gloomy and depressing castle would have looked so pristine in its end?

It was such an exquisite sight to behold, but he knew that it was all a façade, a cover-up, because deep beneath the castle was Lucifer's wasteland. And Malphas needed his journal, the most ancient book in Hell, one that could only be read by someone with a higher angelic status – Gabriella.

He loomed in and raised his hand, calling up his cursed, ancient sword – Lævateinn. Lævateinn appeared and dropped itself to the ground. The bladed weapon had swirling curves overlapping each other but its pointed tip was more than enough. The blade branched off and outwards, its supplementary parts winded around one another until they reached the vertex.

"Spiritus," Malphas whispered, and though it was but a soft caress of the word, his voice echoed around until Lævateinn responded. The sword flashed teal-blue to glowing red until it formed a physique. The tip of the blade casted a circle around the whole place and flashed white until black shadows appeared, bowing in front of Malphas.

"Milord." Their voices had no distinct quality. It was simply a murmur from the dark. The shadows that came out from Lævateinn were Malphas's personal right hand. Their whispers were the kind of mortals hear every day, they were a bad omen. If anyone were to hear their voices, they would commit suicide. The dark shadows were full of negativity it would drive anyone insane.

Malphas dropped down on the ground. The shower of falling pieces had stopped. The destruction of the castle was postponed, so long as Lævateinn was there. "Take away everything that could still be saved. I need Lucifer's journal," he commanded.

The shadows disappeared in a flash, searching for every corner.

Then Malphas felt his wings ache.

"Not now," he said through gritted teeth. "Damn that angel."

His wings were trying to reach out to Gabriel. It seemed like they needed her touch. After all, Malphas's wings were still bound to Gabriel.

Why couldn't that little angel understand that he needed to do something here first? Couldn't she wait?