☁ The Man Who Survived the Destruction of Sodom and Gommorah - [Gabriel]

a/n: I updated earlier than planned! Yay! Let's have a toast! lol. Anyway, thank you so much for readinnnggg this so if you guys ever wanna talk to me about this  (or if you guys ever have questions about this story), just tweet it to me @NicAthena on twitter. I am more alive there cx 

Enjoy this chapter! :)

P.S. I updated early because I have my midterms exams next week so don't expect any updates by then. I'll probably be procrastinating. Studying just sucks, unless I'm interested in that particular subject but really. . . 

p.p.s. Thanks for all the birthday greetings! I LOVE YOU ALL ♥

-unedited.

- Athena

♒    ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒ 

            “The smoke of the land went up like the smoke of the furnace.”

Gabriel instantly knew the man. She knew him just before they could arrive. She knew his voice. After all, it was the three Archangels who had warned the man that the sinful cities of Sodom and Gommorah would be destroyed.

“Lot,” she greeted the man like an old friend.

The man, Lot, smiled at her.

Malphas must have been confused because he kept glancing up back and forth between the two of them. “Am I missing something here?” He raised an eyebrow at them.

“I am assuming that there is an explanation for this joined force. It’s not like you, Gabriel.”

Gabriel gave him a strange smile.

“Alas, we have a lot of catching up to do. You two may want to stay with me for a while.” Lot wove his hand through the thick trinkets on his shoulders and produced a blanket. He handed over it to Gabriel and asked her to sit with him.

Lot clapped his hand and a servant attended to them. The servant handed the baby wrapped with blankets to Gabriel. Gabriel took the baby and, along with her wide-spread smile, she laughed. Gabriel was the Archangel closest to the people. She was the one who carefully spent nine months of the pregnancy watching over each unborn child and instructing that child on the necessary knowledge of Heaven that was an inherent part of all people. Just before birth, though, Gabriel touches each baby on the upper lip to make the child unable to remember all of the information about Heaven until the child returns to the spiritual state at death. The sign of her touch was the cleft below the nose.

“She’s beautiful,” she murmured. Gabriel placed her hand on the warm cheeks of the child who stared at her in wonder.

Malphas, who was keeping his mouth shut, had suddenly decided to speak up. “Lot, what’s going on here?” No. Malphas wasn’t smiling. He had a blank face.

Gabriel sighed.

Lot, however, pleasingly told the story of how they met. “Archangel Gabriel is one of the archangels responsible for the destruction of the two sinful cities known as Sodom and Gommorah. My family and I were saved due to the hospitality I gave to them, but my wife looked back at the burning cities and she turned into a salt of pillar.”

From Malphas’s expression, he had probably not anticipated this one. Malphas must not have been Lucifer’s right hand yet when that happened. And now the true power of Archangel Gabriel had been revealed. Just a fraction of it, though.