♆ Boundless Ties - [Malphas]

a/n; Sorry for the long wait! I've been busy with our research paper and blurb the problems of college life. Hopefully, I'll be able to update soon. :) Enjoy this chapter!

oh, and what do you think of the new cover? ;)

x. unedited. 

oh, and gabriella poster at the side by: carrousel / @carimatilac on twitter
so yeah, if you have some artworks/queries that are related to this story, you can tweet it to me @NicAthena. I'm more active there cx 

Thanks for the poster/cover! x 

♒    ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒   ♒ 

        “You’re a lovely mess.”

Malphas heard it. But he wasn’t quite sure if that was really what Gabriella had been saying to him. His mind was still in its dark abyss and his conscience wouldn’t cooperate either.

Her soft, melancholy voice was the only thing that he could hear, and it was his only anchor. There was something about the way she spoke and murmured against his ear. It made him feel a lot of things, and he sure as hell breaking the codes of hell.

There may not be rules, but there were codes. Rules were for the angelic, and codes were for demons. The code was simple for him. He would never ever get involved with an angel; therefore, not even an archangel should stand on his way. One cannot simply turn away from Lucifer. Lucifer was their Lordship, and as much as Malphas hated the fact that he had to follow Lucifer’s will, he had no choice but to obey.

And then there was Lilith.

He knew half of him recoiled away from Lilith and connected to Gabriella. It was probably due to his wings, which would not stop wanting Gabriella’s touch. His wings craved for her, making him feel things, too.

Malphas loathed Gabriella.

She was pushing him off his limits.

He knew it was in their nature to help people, but that didn’t give her an excuse as to why she had to help him. Malphas hated it. She angered him like no one before. He was trying to push her away yet the little angel was persistent. She was so sure he was going to help her, and that made Malphas laugh cruelly.

As Malphas slept, he heard the singing of Gabriella. And he couldn’t help but admire her voice. Not wanting to dwell on his thoughts, he slept peacefully for the first time in centuries.

        Malphas eyes blinked repeatedly. He was being surrounded by the capital sins. At his side, Gabriella was at the plush chair, a blanket placed on her body as she slept. He couldn’t make out of her face since he was still adjusting to the lights, but he could sense that she was somehow smiling.

“You better sleep some more,” said Greed.

“Why are you with her?” Malphas asked, his voice filled with authority.

Greed glanced back at Gabriella. “She makes us feel something.”

Malphas stared at Greed. They – The seven capital sins – all looked the same with their rugged faces, crooked nose, and teeth with metal. Malphas could distinguish them from each other because he was part of Hell. He was surprised to find Gabriella with them. Gabriella had no idea who they were.