♆ The Tower of Babel - [Malphas]

x

I am deeeeeeeply sorry for updating so LATE. I'm really, really sorry. I was about to update two days ago but I was so sleepy like dead-tired sleepy and we have to do a lot of research and thesis and stuff like that. It's been a stressful of weeks to me, so I am really sorry. I'm also sorry if this chapter is a little messy and confusing. I'm just tired so the words are a little blurry for me, which works well because Malphas is having a blurry vision too. lol.

As for the poems, if you still want it to be featured it here, please try sending it again to me because wattpad's inbox is glitching and some dedications can't be seen. Just tweet me your poem (@NicAthena). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you, thank you so much for waiting! I love you guys! x

Sorry if this chapter is really a little bit crazy and confusing :((

-athena / super unedited / super messy words hahaha

x x x x x x x x

Heat wafted through the air, coming down to catch Malphas in its embrace. He knew then that something was out of place. Nevertheless, he forced himself to touch her. To feel her. Because she was the only thing that was keeping him sane.

She felt good against him â even better when she called his name a lot of times. Malphas didn't want to wake up from this dream anymore. He wanted to stay like this. He wanted to have her like this. He wanted to hear her soft whispers, like a wind caressing his skin. Everything about her pulled him in. And through his hazy vision, he reached up to touch her cheeks.

Then she smiled.

A burst of pain exploded in his mind, shattering every tiny, little thought he was having. Like a fireworks on display, stars seemed to have reached him, blinding him in its spark and light. Malphas had no idea what was happening to his body. All he knew was that he was too weak to do anything about it. His fever had gone higher than before and his skin was so, so deliriously hot. His eyes couldn't adjust to his new surroundings and he couldn't form any coherent thought.

Pain. Everywhere.

The next thing he knew, he was being dragged down from the bed. Loud screams were being heard at every direction. On the other side of the place, an explosion took place, pushing him off away in some sort of barrier. The impact left him with bruises, and yet he still tried to stand and move.

He had to think.

Think, Malphas. Think. Fucking think.

But even his own mind wasn't his anymore. He could hear another voice â a voice that had long been gone before and had come back to bring out who he really was; the monster vice demon.

I love you.

That voice rang inside his head, torturing his mental capacity.

I love you.

Every time she said the word 'love,' a jet of tingly sparks would ignite, blinding him, killing him.

Malphas groaned in pain, huffing. He swiped his sweat off his forehead, trying to gain his consciousness.

Then he was being hauled down the other hall, down to another set of staircase and out to the crying sky. The blood of a rain poured, stinging his skin and blurring his vision with red. Red. Blood. He felt another hand wrap around his arm, pulling him up. His stomach felt a punch, and he doubled up, coughing blood. There in the open, he was in a constant state of nausea. Malphas was being ripped into pieces, tearing his body apart, and at the same time, loving every bit of his scattered pieces. Was this how it felt like to love someone you shouldn't love?