Chapter 3

He entered the coffee shop again but headed straight towards the counter.

"one iced Americano please.." he ordered and stood there scratching his nape..

'godd.. Why am I so nervous..? I am just giving it a try.. If she already have a boyfriend then I will say bye bye and go.. No ran away.. Yeah.. Let's do this..' he thought as he grabbed his Americano and walked towards them..helena saw him walking towards them and smiled at him

" I have something to say..to her.. " he said pointing at athy..

"okay then.. Go ahead.."

she said as she stood up and walked towards the counter. Athy pleaded her not go with her eyes but she deliberately ignored her friend and walked away . Lucas silently Sat in front of her. She finally mustered up courage and looked at him straight in eyes. The rubies and sapphires are in their own world.. Lucas finally averted his gaze and sighed. Finally breaking the nerve wrecking silence.

" what cable said earlier.." he paused.. She stared at him and he took a sip of his Americano.

"it's a lie.. Actually .. I have a problem to solve.. for that I have to be in a relationship.. Cabel thinks you will be good for that but.. That guy messed up.. While Conveying that to you .."

he said and took another sip gulping down half cup in one go. Athy stared at him silently..

'thank God she didn't ordered any beverages.. What if she poured them on me after hearing me ..?' he thought and gulped.

" I will ask sorry on his behalf "

he slowly added . He looked up and saw a small smile appearing on her face and he felt relieved.

" I see.. It's okay..and.. I will help you.. If you want me to.. " she said and smiled. Lucas eyes wided in surprise

" wh.. What..? You will help me..? "

he asked doubting what he just heared
she nodded her head as a yes.

"so.. you are single..?" he asked tilting his head.

"yes I am.. " she said and smiled.

" well... Thanks but I am confused.. Why are you helping me..? you don't even know me ..."

he asked and She talked after few seconds of silence

"because you are honest.. I will also be honest with you.. it's not helping you.. I also want you to do something for me.."

she said. Lucas leaned back on his chair sipping his Americano..staring at her.. But she was distracted by the cute baby which was lying on her mom's lap on the table beside them..

" so.. What Do you want from me..? "

he asked taking another sip..

" cute baby..." she mumbled.

he spit out his Americano as soon as he heared that.. Athy turned towards him and realised what she just told him and her face become red from embarrassment. He looked up wiping his mouth with a tissue .