Chapter 34

Time Skip - A year and a half

POV: Scarlett

"Cam!!!!!"

"Yes, my love?"

"Our teams will be here in 45 min to start getting us ready, are the children up and moving?"

"Yes, love. Rose is awake and with Lizzie. Morgan's flight arrived 30 minutes ago and she is en route, and the younger ones are with your Mom, Jarnette, and the twins. Baby, what's wrong? You look super stressed?"

"I'm just, ugh!!" I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Baby," Cam said, wrapping her arms around me, kissing my neck.

"Mmmmm, Cam," I said, closing my eyes, as my wife left hot kisses down my neck, while her hands roamed my body.

"Baby, let go. Today is supposed to be fun. How about a nice hot shower, then a little breakfast." she whispered in my ear.

I turned slowly in her arms, gently caressing her face. "How did I get so lucky?" I whispered.

"I'm the lucky one, my love." she whispered as she claimed my lips in a passionate kiss.

As she deepened the kiss, I felt her lift me off my feet, walking us towards the bathroom, closing the door behind us.

_________________________

POV: Lizzie

"Where are your Mother and Cam??" I asked Rose as she entered the kitchen.

"Last I heard, the shower." Rose said, grabbing a muffin. "What time is Uncle Clay and the team arriving?" she asked.

"They should be here by 11. We have to be on the red carpet by 4pm."

"Aunt Lizzie, calm down. I'm sure Mom and Cam...."

"Good morning my precious Rosebud, my darling Elizabeth." Scarlett said, sweeping into the room in her robe, hair in a towel.

"Good morning ladies," Cam announced, making her way to the coffee.

"Ok, now where is Alexas..."

"Right here my love, had to pick up a straggler."

"Morning All!!"

"MORGAN!!!" we all yelled as we swept her into hugs.

I watched the once shy girl hug everyone. She is a soccer star at UNC right now. She has already been approached by several pro teams, and may even make the USWNT.

"I'm so proud of you, sweet girl." I said, cupping her cheeks.

"Me?!? Look at all of you, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Best Movie, and Best Actor. Speaking of actors, where is Uncle Chris?"

"Oh he is meeting us there," I said smiling.

"Hello bestie!!!" I heard Clay yell as he entered the house.

"CLAY!!!" I jumped into my best friend's arms, smothering him with kisses.

"Let the man breathe Lizzie," Scarlett said, embracing him.

"Let's get this show on the road, shall we?" Clay said as his team set up.

___________________________

POV: Cam

Lex and I took the least amount of time. We sat and watched Clay and his team work their magic. My beautiful wife, in her directorial debut, had been nominated for an Oscar. Not just her, my sweet step daughter, Lizzie, and Chris had all got nods, along with the movie itself. To say we were all shocked when they were announced would be an understatement.