Chapter 2

-- THREE DAYS BEFORE --

Cam's POV

I woke up early this morning, not too unusual for me during the week. Throwing back the covers and walking over to my sliding glass door, I walk out onto my deck overlooking the ocean. God I love this view. It never gets old. Walking back into my room, I quickly do my morning routine, and make my way to the kitchen in the middle of the house, putting on a fresh pot of coffee.

While the coffee brewed, I sat at the bar scrolling through my phone, answering a few emails for the bar, and checking the schedule for the weekend. Not too bad, we had a live band tonight and tomorrow and karaoke on Sunday. That was always a hit with the locals.

"Good morning bitch, coffee ready yet?" My best friend and housemate asked.

"Morning to you too, have fun last night?" I replied without even looking at her.

"What? What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Hmmm, I don't know, swanky redhead, great boobs, nice ass, ring a bell?" I say grinning at her.

"Oh, yea, Stacy. She was fun." Lexie replied.

"Lemme guess, gone when you woke up this morning?" I asked.

"Yep," she replied.

"Chin up my friend, we have Jeb's band tonight, it's Friday, which means the bar will be hopping with locals and new tourists. We will find you someone to make you forget all about Lacy." I replied with a smirk.

"Stacy, ohhhhhh... I need coffee, it's too early for your smart-ass remarks." She replied as she walked over to pour herself a cup of coffee.

"Listen, I'm gonna hit the gym and then go paddle boarding with the twins, care to join, or do you have plans?" I asked.

"Nah, I need to finish the schedules for next week, maybe take a nap. Did you finish payroll?" She asked.

"Yes, payroll has been done, everyone has been paid. What time do we need to be at the bar tonight?"

"I'd say around 9. You know nothing good happens before 9." She laughs as she walks back to her room.

"I'll see you later Lex!!" I yelled as I made my way to my bike.

----------------------

Scarlett's POV

We arrived at the house Cobie had rented for the weekend. She decided we need a girl's weekend to get away from everything. I had just finalized my divorce from Colin. Nothing like coming home and finding your husband in bed with one of his co-stars. My third divorce, I am starting to wonder if I'm not enough.

As I sit on our deck and watch the ocean, I wonder who would want me now. I'm a thrice divorced woman with two small children. Men see me, and want my body, they don't want me. I'm sick of only being seen as Scarlett Johansson. I want somebody to come home too, that will love me for me, not what being with me will bring them. Lost in my own thoughts, I don't realize my dear friend Lizzie is sitting quietly beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. Sadly, poor Lizzie is going through her own divorce. Hers should have been finalized before mine, but Robbie is being an ass, and not wanting to sign the papers. She has given him till the end of the week to sign.

"Scar, what's wrong with me? Was I not enough for him? Why did he cheat on me?" She said, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Wrapping my arm around her, I said, "Lizzie, he was a fool. You are going to find someone that will love you, for you, and give you everything you dream of."