Chapter 13

Lex's POV

Cam had finally just fallen asleep, after having sobbed for hours on end. We were at the bar when a courier showed up, telling Cam that she had been served. Both Cam and I had stopped and looked at the papers. Divorce papers. Cam's heart broke. I took her home and let her cry herself out. Her phone rang and I grabbed it, silencing the ringer as I looked at the caller id. My heart began to pound as rage filled my veins.

"You have some fucking nerve calling her." I answered, not letting her speak. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Whoa... what's with the hostility, Lex?" Scarlett asked.

"Hostility? What did you expect to receive when you called? You know what, don't answer. In fact, don't say a word. Just listen." I took a breath, before lowering my voice slightly, as to not wake Cam up. "Scarlett, she loves you. We welcomed you into our home, you became family. Something that neither of us actually HAVE. You say you love her, but then you do this? You break her heart, are you kidding me? No. I'm not letting you destroy her. Good bye, Johansson." I hung the phone up, not letting her speak. I tried to calm myself down a bit, only for her phone to ring once more. It was Scarlett once more. I answered the phone. "Did I not just say goodbye? What do you want?"

"What the fuck did I do to her, Lex? I just landed back in New York and got home. She said to call when I was safe, so tell me, what the FUCK have I done exactly?!?"

"What have you done? DIVORCE PAPERS. You served Cam with Divorce Papers this afternoon as we were getting ready for WORK." I exploded. I felt Cam startle awake. "Sorry..."

"WHAT?!? I did NOT have DIVORCE PAPERS drawn up!! Lex, let me talk to my fucking WIFE NOW!"

"Lex, who are you screaming at?? IS THAT HER? Put her on speaker, NOW." I put the call on speaker, as Cam wanted, a low growl in my throat. "Scarlett, fucking divorce papers, REALLY?!?"

"Cam, baby, listen to me, I didn't not ask for a divorce, I haven't even talked to my attorneys in months!! A divorce is the LAST thing I want. Please baby, I love you. My fucking kids love you!! If I wanted a divorce do you think I would have let you anywhere near Rose and Cosmo?!? NO!! AND LEX, my daughter worships the ground you walk on, do you think I would have let YOU near her, NO!!" Scarlett screamed into the phone.

Switching the call to FaceTime, I glared at the redhead, as her words echoed slightly.

"You didn't want this? This divorce?" I asked, wanting her to look me in the face, before I let her near Cam once more.

Looking right into my eyes, her eyes bloodshot and tears streaming down her face, "No Lex, I don't want a divorce. I want my wife." she said.

"Baby, look at me, oh Scar, baby." Cam said, taking the phone from me.

"Please don't leave me Cam, my heart can't take it. I love you so much!!" she says, tears flowing freely.

Cam looks at me, and I have that look on my face. Something clicked deep in my brain and I knew that something wasn't right here. First the P.I. shows up and dumps a pile of info onto Cam. Now sudden divorce papers that Scar says she didn't send. Someone was working on Scar's 'behalf' rather than on her request.

"I smell a rat." I ran a hand through my hair. "Who would set this up?"

It's like a light bulb popped over their heads, "Janice." they said in unison.

"Baby girl, where are the kids right now?" Cam asked.

"Rose is with her dad for a few days, and Cosmo is down for a nap. What's going on Cam?" Scarlett asked.