Chapter 32

Time Skip - Two and a half Months

Lizzie's POV

We had been back home for almost 3 months and things couldn't be better. The driver and passenger responsible for Lex's accident were found guilty of reckless driving, reckless endangerment, and fleeing the scene. They were sentenced to 90 days in jail with 2 years probation, suspension of their license, and a $1500 fine. Once that was done, Lex and I sued the magazine they worked for, as well as the driver and passenger involved. Come to find out, the woman, Susan, that had been hitting on Lex at practice that day had been the one to tip off the tabloids, saying that she had seen Lex hitting on some of the other mothers and flirting. They had paid her almost a million dollars for her story, and the pictures the photographers had tried to get. In the end three different tabloids, the driver and photographer paid us punitive damages of close to ten million dollars. Lex and I chose to donate the money to several different charities in Florida. For us, it wasn't about the money, it was about bringing change.

As for Susan and her son, they were kicked out of the soccer league, Lex and I filed a restraining order against her, and she had to pay Lex half a million for slander. Lex donated it to the soccer program.

Lex was slowly getting back to her old self. Her body had completely healed, and she was back to coaching the kids soccer team, with Morgan's help. Sometimes she still had some anxiety issues while driving, especially with the kids in the car.

Scarlett and I were preparing for a new project. Scar had been sent this amazing script, and after some discussion, Scarlett decided she would not only produce the film through her production company, but it would be her directorial debut. She already had picked the perfect cast and perfect locations for filming. Filming was still some time away. Chris was working on another project and I still had reshoots for my final Marvel film.

Lex and Cam had taken all the kids out on her friend Rick's boat, for a day of snorkeling, paddle boarding, and swimming with dolphins. I'm pretty sure the twins went with them. Lauren and Lindsey are pretty much family, and the kids love them.

Cam had treated Scar and I to a day of rest and pampering. As we lounged by our lagoon, a soft breeze made the day quite pleasurable.

"So, when are you going to tell her?" Scar asked.

"I'm having a private dinner set up tonight. Cam helped me get everything I needed. She thinks they are having dinner with Cam's parents, but I will be waiting for her."

"She is going to be floored"

"Yes, yes she will be, but this is it."

"You know, I never dreamed I would meet the love of my life, and get married on that crazy weekend. How did we get so lucky?"

"Thank you for making us go out that night. I wanted to do nothing but wallow in my misery, but that night changed my life. Who would have guessed."

"Happier than ever."

I smiled to myself. Scar was right, we are happier than we ever have been.

_______________________________

Lex's POV

"So, what exactly does your Father have to discuss with us? I'm in no way affiliated with MCR?"

"I have no idea. He called and said he and Mom wanted to have a quiet dinner with us, without the wives and kids."

"That's weird."

"Maybe not. He could be telling me he is finally going to retire, and in all honesty, he could want to add you to our Board or Directors. You never know."

We arrived at the restaurant and headed in. After telling the Host our names, the host politely asked us to follow her. Cam asked us to go ahead, she needed to retrieve her phone from the car. The host led me to a private room overlooking the bay, and I saw my wife seated at a table for two.

"I'm assuming Cam was in on this little surprise?"

She got up and walked towards me, standing on tippy toes and kissing me softly. "Yes, she was." She led me to the table, allowing me to sit down, and she slipped onto my lap. "I wanted to surprise you. It's been a long year, and honestly, we needed a date night. I have a surprise for you." She leans over and picks up an envelope, and hands it to me. "Open, please."

I quickly opened the envelope to find a card, with an image inside. I looked at the digital image and back at my wife.

"You're pregnant!!"

"Look closer."

"Oh my God, twins again!!!!"

"Yes, baby, I'm pregnant with twins again."

"How far?"

"I'm right around 11 weeks."

"Ooooohhh, apparently we had a little more fun in New York than we planned on."

"Lex!!! Are you happy?"

"Baby girl, I'm over the moon." I pulled my wife into me, kissing her quietly.

"I do think five is it for me. I'm going to have my tubes tied when the twins are born."

"I will happily get a vasectomy if you want me to."

"No need, baby."

"Are you sure? I don't mind."

"I know you don't, but if memory serves, I'm horny as hell during the first and second trimester, and I need you to be able to handle me."

"Yes, you are, but who am I to complain?"

We shared a quiet dinner by the bay, and then headed home. As we entered the house, 10 sets of eyes were staring at us, all with silly grins.

"I guess you all know?"

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" They all yelled.

Lizzie and I shared a kiss, then started hugging everyone.

"Nice distraction there Cam, dinner with your parents. I should have seen straight through that."

"Actually, that is next week, but it's the whole family. Even Cara and Alyse will be here. What I said earlier was true my friend, Dad is going to retire, and he's requesting you be added to the Board of Directors."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"He trusts you and he knows with him stepping back, he wants someone I trust with my life to take his place on the board. But, you don't know that, and have to act surprised when you see. him next week. Got it?"

All I could do was stare at my best friend, and smile.

"He does realize I have my own Fortune 500 company to run, right?"

"He does, which is why he trusts you. Lex, face it. You know everything that goes on at MCR, you have for years. It's not gonna change anything."

"I guess you're right, old friend."

"Come on, let's celebrate. You're having two more babies!!!"

We spent the remainder of the evening lounging around the lagoon, watching the younger kids play. Rose and Morgan had gone out with their friends from school to see a movie.

This really has been one hell of a year, and it looks like we have another crazy one coming.

-------------------

A/N: Well... Well... Well... MORE BABIES and yes names and gender(s) have already been chosen.

Family Recaps:

Dupree/Olsen - Twins: Paxton and Maverick, Athena, then the Twins just announced.

Johansson-McKnight - Rose, Morgan, Cosmo, Twins: Lillian and Kristen, and finally Jacob

Word Count: 1187