Chapter 31

Lex's POV

After leaving our Fallon interview, we headed to meet Scarlett and Cam. We are having dinner with them, Scarlett's co-founder Kate and her husband. As we arrived at the restaurant, there were a few paparazzi loitering around. I helped Lizzie out of the car and made our way inside

"Lex, Lizzie!! How did the interview go?" Cam said, rising from her chair.

"It went well. Took a little outta me. Listening to that 911 call... brought it all back."

"You were magnificent, my love. I'm very proud of you. You handled it well." Lizzie said, kissing my cheek.

I smiled at my wife, and then looked around the table.

"Kate, it's good to see you again. Roger, always a pleasure."

Scarlett and Kate had used all of us as guinea pigs while developing their new skin care line. Not gonna lie, we all used it. Being in the sun as much as we are, their products keep our skin clean and well hydrated.

We spent the evening laughing, drinking wine, and enjoying the company.

"Lex?" I heard behind me, turning I saw the one person I never wanted to see or hear from again.

"Kesson." I said, standing up from the table. "What are you doing here?"

"Please, Lex, don't stand. Please sit, I'm not here to cause a scene, or start a fight. I... I just need to see you in person." she said, reaching for my hand.

"Kesson, what are you doing?"

"Get your hands off my wife." I heard Lizzie growl from behind me. "Haven't you done enough, and caused her enough pain??"

"You're right, Mrs. Olsen..."

"Dupree, Mrs. Dupree."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Dupree, and you are right. I have spent the past 20 plus years blaming Lex for something she had no control over. The way I acted 6 years ago was uncalled for and very unprofessional. I owe you all an apology."

"Why are you here, Kesson?" I watched her lower her head, hands wringing in her lap.

"When I heard about your accident, it brought it all back... The wreck, the funeral, the trial. You were my friend first and I completely destroyed you. I should have stood by you. You are all I have left of him and I can't bear to lose you too." she choked out, as tears streamed down her face.

"Brandy, look at me." I said, reaching for her hand. She looked up at me, choking back a sob. "Brandy, I forgive you. Life is far too short to hold grudges. I'm not saying we will be the friends we once were, but I am glad we can put this to rest."

She looked at me, her face completely stunned, "Why are you forgiving me? Lex, I have been horrible to you. I fully expected you to have me thrown out on my ass."

"Like I said, life is far too short to hold grudges. No one should have to go through the traumatic experience we did, and if I learned anything from the last accident, it's to cherish the ones I hold dear, and let go of the past."

"Thank you Lex, thank you. I know I will never be able to make it up to you, all the pain I caused you. I do hope that one day, we will be friends again, because I would like to have you back in my life, and have the opportunity to know your family."

I rose from my chair, pulling her into a hug. It was at that moment, I felt a great weight lift from my chest. We pulled away, smiling.

"Oh, and Mrs. McKnight, I would like to thank you, for being there for Lex, for being her family, and for keeping her safe."