Chapter 19

Scarlett's POV

It's now the beginning of March, and I'm miserable. The babies are growing and will be here soon. I heard a knock and slowly made my way to the door, seeing Lex and Lizzie coming in.

"Good morning all, how are you feeling today Liz?" I asked, as she waddled over to the couch.

"Ugh, like a whale. I swear these two can come anytime they are ready." she said.

"I feel you, whenever these little bundles are ready, I'm ready." I said, as I sat across from her.

"Where is Cam this morning?" Lex asked, walking over to the couch.

"She had to run to the office this morning. Daniel called and needed her to sign some documents." I replied.

"Baby, I left my squishy pillow across the hall, can you get it for me? Pretty please?" Lizzie asked Lex.

Lex leaned down kissing her lips softly. "Of course love, be back in a few." Lex said, walking out.

"I'm craving bagels this morning, with cream cheese, lox, onions and pickles." Lizzie mumbled to herself.

"You and your crazy cravings Liz, I have seen you eat some wild combinations, but that actually sounds delicious. I'm sure we can convince Lex to get us some." I said.

"We could just order take out and have it delivered." Lizzie said.

"That's true. Let's see if Cam and Lex want anything." I said, texting Cam to see if she wanted anything.

"Lex, we are ordering bagels, do you want anything?"

"Yes, let me have a plain bagel with strawberry cream cheese. I'm pretty sure Cam will want a sesame seed bagel with jalapeño cream cheese, bacon, eggs, and avocado." Lex added.

While I was ordering, Lex said she would pick it up. It's just around the corner, and she doesn't mind. As she left us, Cam called.

"Hello my love, do you need me to pick up the bagels, I'm fixing to leave the office." she said.

"No baby, Lex is picking it up. We ordered for you, I hope you don't mind. Lex told me what to order." I said to her.

"Not at all baby, Lex knows what I like, so I have no doubt. I will see you soon my love, I love you." she said.

"I love you too baby." I replied, hanging up.

"We hit the jackpot with Lex and Cam, you know that, right Scar?" Lizzie said, looking at me with a smile.

"That we did. I never dreamed I would fall in love again, but there is just something about her." I said, spacing out thinking of Cam.

I heard a knock at the door and I managed to stand up, shouting, "One Minute!"

As I get to the door, I open it and find a beautiful young woman, not much taller than me, with sandy blonde hair, with blue eyes holding a baby. The child doesn't look to be more than 6 months old, with gray eyes. Cam's eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked rudely.

"I'm looking for Cam, Cameron McKnight. I've been texting her for months, and she won't answer me. I really need to talk to her." The young woman said.

"What business do you have with my wife?" I asked curtly.

"Not to be rude, but that is none of your business. Is Cam her?" she begged.

"She is on her way home, please come in." I replied.

How could she cheat on me? She promised me she would be different. My blood is boiling as I follow her to the living room.