Chapter 25

Cam's POV

As I grabbed my bag, I looked down at my sleeping wife. She had curled around my pillow when I got up, and she looked so peaceful. I leaned down, placing a soft kiss to her forehead. She stirred and smiled in her sleep.

"Rest well, my love. I will see you in a few days." I whispered to her. I rose and made my way to the car, finding Lex waiting on me.

"Let's get this over with, shall we." I said, getting behind the wheel.

We rode in silence, making it to our private plane and boarding.

"So, the board has no idea what is coming?"

"Not a clue." I looked out the window, lost in my thoughts. Lex knew everything, so they left me to my thoughts. Almost as soon as we had gotten comfortable, our flight landed.

Our car met us on the tarmac, whisking us to downtown Charlotte, where our corporate headquarters are located. As we made our way into the building, we were stopped by security and reception.

"Ma'am, who are you here to see? I cannot let you through without an escort." the receptionist said in a rather brisk tone.

I laughed at her. "I'm going to my office, I don't require an escort. Can you tell me if..."

"Cameron!! It's good to see you!!" I turned and saw one of the Board members walking towards me.

I smile and extend my hand. "Jared, how are you? How are the wife and kids?"

"They are doing great, congratulations to you. I hear you are married and have twins now."

"Thank you, Thank you. Yes, happily married to an amazing woman, and the twins are just growing like weeds."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Connor, but is this woman here to see you? She doesn't have an appointment." the receptionist quipped.

"Rachel, she doesn't need an appointment, she owns the building. This is Cameron McKnight, the President and CEO of MCR, International."

"Mrs. McKnight, my apologies. I didn't know."

"No worries Rachel, I should have introduced myself."

"Jared, this is my best friend, and President of Dupree, International, Alexas Dupree. Lex, this is Jared Connors, our CFO."

We made our way to the bank of elevators and made our way to the top floor. Jared followed us to my office.

"Cam, here are the last figures you asked for, they have been slick. The only way they could have possibly pulled this off, is with his help."

We chatted for a bit, till there was a knock. "Enter."

"Hey Les, good to see you old friend." I said, taking his hand. "Is everyone in place?"

"Yes ma'am, as far as everyone is concerned, Jared has called this meeting to discuss this quarter." Les said, smiling.

"Excellent. Shall we go, gentleman, Lex."

We walked down to the Board room, I allowed Les and Jared to enter the room before me. Lex looked at me, smiled and slapped my shoulder.

"You got this Cam, I'll be by the door."

"Thank you old friend." I stepped through the door, as all heads turned to face me.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, sorry for my tardiness." Walking to my seat at the head of the table. I see my uncle's face pale noticeably.

"For those that don't know me, my name is Cameron McKnight. I am the President and CEO of MCR, I'm also Chairman of the Board." Turning, I face my father. "Hello Father, I believe you're in my seat."