Chapter 20

Desire was still in shock that she was having a daughter and in a couple of months she would really be someone's parent. Since Scrap found out that they were having a girl, his whole mindset and attitude changed, Desire noticed how much he was starting to change after their gender reveal. The fact that they were having a girl seemed to be making him soften up more. Desire was really shocked when Scrap came to her one night with a whole new look on life.

"I'm tired of selling drugs,It's time for me to get out of the dope game" Scrap announced

" im all for it babe! I've been waiting to have this conversation" Desire replied

Desire prayed that Scrap would change his life around, she wanted nothing but the best for their child and that was impossible with Scrap selling dope. Desire was happy that Scrap was finally waking up.

" foreal babe, this shit is getting old and all this fast money would leave you two places dead or in jail. I mean we all gotta go one day but i don't want my time with my daughter cut short over some money, it's not worth it" Scrap stated

Scrap was ready to change his life for the better, he didn't want anything to stop him from being their for his Daughter and Desire.

" your right, so what's your next move?"  Desire asked Scrap

" Its rime for me to open up some type of business maybe a smoke shop or clothing store or some shit, i have to figure something out." Scrap told her

"Those are good ideas babe, I can see it now! You would be the perfect boss, whatever you want to do put your mind to it!' Desire replied,she knew that Scrap could do whatever he put his mind to,she had faith in him.

"Yeah i will come up with something, this shit definitely have to end soon." Scrap replied

Desire loved the fact that Scrap was ready to change for the better, she didn't want to be left alone having to take care of her daughter on her own, she was excited that Scrap wanted to switch it up and make legit money instead of risking his life and others.

The next morning Desire got up and got dressed because she had class in a few hours, Scrap also got dressed because she was planning on going to get tatted once he took Desire to school. Desire and Scrap went to get food before Scrap dropped her off. Desire's class lasted three hours and Scrap had his tattoo done in two. When Scrap picked Desire up he was smiling hard, something had him excited.

" what you got up your sleeve?" Desire asked

" I know what kind of business im about to start" Scrap replied while he smiled hard as shit.

" what kind?" Desire asked

" A tattoo shop, my boys from the city going to work for me and I already paid for my ticket to a couple of seminars to educate myself on a few things " Scrap told her

" that's good babe, I think that would go well for you" Desire responded

Scrap was serious about opening up a tattoo shop, we couldn't stop talking about it and he started looking for a place to open his shop.

Scrap went to multiple places before he found the right shop. He looked at over ten shops before he found the perfect one. It was a big shop in L.A which used to be one of the most known tattoo shops out. It was shut down a few years ago but Scrap was ready to bring it back with a new look and new artist. Scrap has been trapping non stop to invest in his shop, he set up an appointment with the owner of the property and if he liked it he could put the down payment down and receive the key. Scrap was glad that he had found a way to get out of the dope game, he couldn't wait to open his shop. Scrap wanted to make sure that his daughter had everything she wanted and needed, but he was going to get money in a legal way this time around.

Scrap had to stay in the dope game a little longer, he wasn't comfortable with stopping yet because he felt it was more money to be made. Scrap would go out and trap once he dropped Desire off to school everyday. Scrap would re up every morning and be sold out by the end of the day. Scrap made a promise to Desire that he would stop selling drugs before their baby shower.
Desire wanted him to stop immediately but that was hard for Scrap to do. Scrap explained to Desire that he knew how he was when she met him, he's been selling dope for so long it wasn't that easy for him to stop getting fast money. Touching money quickly was an addiction to Scrap and it was hard for him to get over it but he made a promise to Desire that in due time it would all be over and she would have to worry about anything.

Scrap kept trapping and stacking up his money, his meeting with the manager of the tattoo shop came quickly and he was ready for it. They day of the meeting he dropped Desire off to class before he went to look at the shop.Desire wanted to tag alone but she didn't want to miss any of her classes, she knew that Scrap could handle his own so she didn't worry much. When Scrap arrived to the shop he was surprised, the shop was bigger than he expected and with a little work the shop would be perfect for business.The inside was huge, it had a break room, office, receptionist area and a backyard which would be perfect for events.Scrap definitely wanted this shop to belong to him he was ready to sign the contract right away but the manager told him to take the contract home and review it and if Scrap agreed with the contract, the contract he could call and let him know so that they can set up an appointment where he would receive the keys to the building. Scrap went to pick Desire up from school and they went home and reviewed the contract together. The paperwork was legit so Scrap decided to sign it and call the manager back to set up an appointment. He was ready to get the keys and get ready to open the shop up.

After he set up the second appointment to purchase his shop, the next day Scrap immediately started to get right back to his bag. Scrap was out selling everything he had from cocaine to weed. Scrap had to make the best of his last days selling dope, he was going all out. Scrap was going so hard that he tripled the amount of drugs that he would normally purchase.
Scrap spent the rest of the day trapping and making deposits into his bank accounts. Scrap was on his way home from the bank when he noticed the police driving behind him, Scrap didn't pay them no mind he has his licensed and everything was in his name, plus he wasn't doing anything illegal but being black in a nice car. The red and blue lights flashed as the police puller Scrap over. They stated he failed to stop at a stop sign which was a lie and asked to search his car. When they searched Scraps car they found his Glock 40, they immediately arrested Scrap for the gun and towed his car.

All Scrap could do was think of Desire and their baby while he was in the backseat of the police car, Scrap didn't say a word on the way to the county jail, the police tried to get him to incriminate himself, but he knew better than that. The police wasn't getting no type of statement from him, he wasn't no snitch and he for sure wasn't going to snitch on himself. When he got to the jail he demanded his phone call, he knew that Desire was worried because she knew he was on his way home and he went that far from the house when he talked to her, he dialed her number then waited for her to answer the phone. Scrap already knew that she would be disappointed and heartbroken that he was in jail and he knew for a fact that he never wanted to out her or their baby through this ever again. When Desire answered the phone, he could hear it all in her voice how hurt she was, Scrap told Desire not to worry, he would be out soon. Scrap had Desire go to the bank and deposit money from his account and wait until he was processed in the system to bail him out. Scrap's heart was hurting because he knew that Desire didn't know how to deal with this type of shit, not only was he all she had, he didn't want her stressing to harm the baby. He didn't want to lose Desire because of the streets, he knew he would have to change his mindset and do better so that he can keep his freedom and relationship. But will it be that easy for Scrap?